Looking for new bass headphones for around $50
Sep 28, 2013 at 2:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

analogdog

New Head-Fier
I was pretty pleased with my AKG 404 headphones until the cord started to fail. 

I'm looking for something similar. Good bass, good overall sound, over the ear, but not huge. Suggestions?

Sep 28, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #2 of 7
Heradphones that I believe have a good over all sound.
Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80), sells on eBay for $50.

Sep 28, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #3 of 7
Your AKG 404 are on ear? Not interested in that style any more? JVC HA-S500 or AKG K81DJ (K518 LE) are on ear choices that have good bass impact.

Sep 28, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #5 of 7
  Thanks. Have you used these? I'd love to know how they compare

interestingly enough, I loved the Porta Pro by koss!  Bassier than I thought :O it took me for suprise, and if you are handy with tools you can mod it and make it very ncie! 

Sep 28, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #6 of 7
  interestingly enough, I loved the Porta Pro by koss!  Bassier than I thought :O it took me for suprise, and if you are handy with tools you can mod it and make it very ncie! 

You know, I didn't realize vanity played a part in this until I looked at these. I just don't know if I'm ready for the air traffic control look.
And it's sad because otherwise, they check out just fine. I'm still fenced. I did add them to my amazon wishlist, though.

Are they comfortable? Do you still use them?

Sep 28, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #7 of 7

You know, I didn't realize vanity played a part in this until I looked at these. I just don't know if I'm ready for the air traffic control look.
And it's sad because otherwise, they check out just fine. I'm still fenced. I did add them to my amazon wishlist, though.

Are they comfortable? Do you still use them?

No I sold them there is also the Sporta Pro [which looks a little better] but do keep an eye out for them! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back