Looking for my first pair of Open Back Headphone
Jan 12, 2015 at 10:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Aegis303

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I am recently starting to look for open back headphones, but i don't know too much about home audio sources and etc.  I usually listen to music with my portable player (Fiio X3) or through my laptop.  I was looking in the forum and various site and ended up deciding on the Fidelio X2, HD 598 or HD 600. However I heard the HD600 requires an amp to really shine, and i am wondering if there are any amp less then $100-150 that can efficiently run the HD600?  Since the headphones are already this expensive, i can't be spending too much on an amp.  However if $100-150 can't do, i suppose i will decide either on the X2 or the HD598, however i am not sure which one of the 2 are more suited for me.  I usually listen to hip hop, and Japanese pop (occasionally different genres too, but those 2 are the main ones).  If any other info are required feel free to ask.  Also, you can recommend other headphones in the same price range :D

Jan 12, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #2 of 6
The X3 has a pretty good headphone amp with it. If you were not satisfied with how the HD600s sound with it, I'd wonder if any of the portable headphone amps in the $100 to $150 range would make much difference to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back