Looking for my first Custom IEM on a budget to use as "bedphones"

Are these a good deal? - CustomArt Massdrop Exclusive - Ei.XX CIEM - $629.99

• Yes

• No

• I have something better in mind (please reply with details)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nov 12, 2017 at 7:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Clayton72

New Head-Fier
I've been toying with the idea of getting custom IEM for a long time. But they tend to be expensive.

CustomArt Massdrop Exclusive - Ei.XX CIEM - $629.99

Is this the answer? Or is there something else I should consider? I'd love to spend less and I'm willing to spend more if it will satisfy me enough that I can cross CIEM of my list of desired things. 7 days left on this drop.

I will use them for getting asleep. They'll never leave the nightstand, so I'm not worried about losing the investment. I need them to be comfortable and block noise; I work graveyard and sleep while the house is active. I use a Corda HA-1 desktop amp, so I'm not concerned about if they can be driven by a smart phone.

Nov 12, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #2 of 6
AAW A3H Pro V2 Hybrid 3-Way CIEMs

Drop is not currently active, but Massdrop & AAW do offer it with some regularity, although I can't say when the next drop will be. I have the V1 purchased from a previous drop. It was my first CIEM & at less than $300, a very good value, although the Ei.XX at the current price is also a good value.

Nov 12, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #3 of 6
I've been toying with the idea of getting custom IEM for a long time. But they tend to be expensive.

CustomArt Massdrop Exclusive - Ei.XX CIEM - $629.99

Is this the answer? Or is there something else I should consider? I'd love to spend less and I'm willing to spend more if it will satisfy me enough that I can cross CIEM of my list of desired things. 7 days left on this drop.

I will use them for getting asleep. They'll never leave the nightstand, so I'm not worried about losing the investment. I need them to be comfortable and block noise; I work graveyard and sleep while the house is active. I use a Corda HA-1 desktop amp, so I'm not concerned about if they can be driven by a smart phone.

Got any existing balanced armature iems you would be willing to sacrifice? If so an reshell with someone like inearz would cost you the price of impressions and the reshell fee.

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #4 of 6
Got any existing balanced armature iems you would be willing to sacrifice? If so an reshell with someone like inearz would cost you the price of impressions and the reshell fee.

I love the idea, but no I don't. I wouldn't have guessed that that was possible. Thank you for sharing that. Nice to know that used CIEMs could be adapted to another person.

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #5 of 6
AAW A3H Pro V2 Hybrid 3-Way CIEMs

Drop is not currently active, but Massdrop & AAW do offer it with some regularity, although I can't say when the next drop will be. I have the V1 purchased from a previous drop. It was my first CIEM & at less than $300, a very good value, although the Ei.XX at the current price is also a good value.

Those look like a good entry level CIEM. I see Massdrop has also offered "Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered Zebrawood CIEM"
Those might be a bit higher on the price spectrum.

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #6 of 6
Not a "bit" higher, more like ~$1k. If you are looking for a CIEM though, the UERR are a standard of reference class monitor.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back