Looking for music with heavy bass
Jul 23, 2007 at 9:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

I3eyond

500+ Head-Fier
Has to be a good recording. I've found stuff that I like, but the recordings are terrible.

And preferably not techno, drum & bass, etc. Looking for some real music, although I'm open to any suggestions.

Jul 23, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #2 of 19
Mezzanine by Massive Attack. Pretty much every track has a serious bassline and the recording quality is excellent. Check out the opening track "Angel" for a good example.

Jul 24, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by I3eyond /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has to be a good recording. I've found stuff that I like, but the recordings are terrible.

And preferably not techno, drum & bass, etc. Looking for some real music, although I'm open to any suggestions.

If you are into classical at all, check out any audiophile pressing of the Bach pipe organ music. GOT BASS!!

Jul 24, 2007 at 6:00 AM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by omegaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2 for Massive Attack

Guys, he wants REAL music, not that electronic synthesized CRAP!!

But seriously dude, maybe I wouldn't be as offended if you said "Looking for some music that primarily uses live instrumentation" or something.

Anyway... Mezzanine is a must.

Jul 24, 2007 at 6:11 AM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibborando /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys, he wants REAL music, not that electronic synthesized CRAP!!

But seriously dude, maybe I wouldn't be as offended if you said "Looking for some music that primarily uses live instrumentation" or something.

Anyway... Mezzanine is a must.

Sorry to offend. Don't get me wrong, I love electronic music; Infected Mushroom is easily my favorite band right now, as well as Shpongle.

Mezzanine is boring, but in every other bass thread I've read on this forum it gets mentioned everytime, so looks like I'm giving it a whirl.

Flight of the Cosmic Hippo is excellent as well..

Jul 24, 2007 at 6:20 AM Post #7 of 19
It's not very low bass, but the Who's Quadrophenia has some loud bass guitar on it. Great bass, too. Thanks Entwistle.

Jul 24, 2007 at 6:40 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewgriff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not very low bass, but the Who's Quadrophenia has some loud bass guitar on it. Great bass, too. Thanks Entwistle.

John Entwistle was the lead guitarist in that band. On bass, no less. Quadrophenia was the most explicit statement of his virtuousity, in my opinion.

Can you see the real me?

Jul 24, 2007 at 6:46 AM Post #9 of 19
Ok. Another suggestion. The White Stripes - Icky Thump. I don't know if I've heard another rock album with more bass. It's true to the name.

edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by I3eyond /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't get me wrong, I love electronic music; Infected Mushroom is easily my favorite band right now, as well as Shpongle.

Ok, you're forgiven.
wink.gif

Jul 24, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #10 of 19
Lossy version of Precious Time - By the Maccabees. The drums sound so frickin amazing on E500s. By far my #1 track all time on the E500s.

Jul 24, 2007 at 7:23 AM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
John Entwistle was the lead guitarist in that band. On bass, no less. Quadrophenia was the most explicit statement of his virtuousity, in my opinion.

Can you see the real me?

Definitely. It's amazing what he could do with the bass, and he still respected his role as support when needed. Did you know The Real Me was actually improv?

Offtopic, listening to Quadrophenia for the first time with an amp. Eargasm..
580smile.gif
The richness of the pianos, the drums, the vocals...mind-blowing.

Jul 24, 2007 at 8:19 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mezzanine by Massive Attack. Pretty much every track has a serious bassline and the recording quality is excellent. Check out the opening track "Angel" for a good example.

Ditto!
An excellent album, with a punchy bass-line.
basshead.gif

Jul 24, 2007 at 8:33 AM Post #13 of 19
Just finished listening to Gorillaz Vs. Spacemonkeyz - Laika Come Home and I did not even know my DT 880s could put out that much bass.

FYI it's a dub styled remix of Gorillaz (the whole album), and it's quite good.

Jul 24, 2007 at 4:26 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewgriff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely. It's amazing what he could do with the bass, and he still respected his role as support when needed. Did you know The Real Me was actually improv?

No! I didn't know that! Do you mean just his bass line or the entire arrangement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back