Looking for more bass for work
Jul 21, 2013 at 11:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

imahawki

100+ Head-Fier
I currently run some Senn PX 200 IIi headphones directly off my iPhone for work.  I'm looking for something with a little better overall sound quality, especially deeper bass.  I will note however, that I want neutral bass, just more extension.  I don't have the luxury of an office so two caveats.  1) I don't want anything huge for work.  I don't want to look like an airport employee and 2) I had been eyeing sealed phones due to the potential for sound leakage. 

Budget is up to $350 but if I need an amp, I was going to pick up a Schiit Magni, so if an amp will be required, the budget for the phone would fall.

I should add that I was looking at the HD 598 but am worried that it is an open can.  I don't need isolation, I'm worried about bugging other people.  Also have looked at Ultrasone and Audiotechnica

Jul 25, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #2 of 4
UE6000 is great for bass, without drowning everything else out. No sound leakage and they isolate well. They are a nice dark sounding portable headphone and they look good.

Also, I tested it with my Lyr and they "woke up". I imagine the effect would be similar with the Magni, as they are easy to drive. My little Zo gives them a real kick in the ass.

Aug 14, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #4 of 4
Just hook up a subwoofer and let your colleagues rock out with you lol. The KEF M500 has amazing bass extension; in fact it has an almost completely flat frequency response from 20hz right up to 20k. Just don't expect boosted bass. For more a bit more of a midbass hump you can always go for Sennheiser Momentum, Audio-Technica WS99, or V-Moda M-100 for even more bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back