Looking for modern jazz recommendations.
Feb 15, 2002 at 12:04 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by LarryS
Beowulf,

I hope this makes your day
smily_headphones1.gif

On your recommendation, and a little audition from the clips on amazon, I bought "Sex without bodies" and I consider it probably one of the best albums I have now.

The lyrics are first rate, I love Kelly Flint's voice and the sound quality is great.

Ohh, finally someone got it. Ahaha. That CD is really unknown, at least none of my friends knew it... and that's quite unfair...

You mentioned the 3 major points. Lyrics, Voice, Sound Engineering. I also put it in my Top 20. (I have about 750 CDs)

Feb 15, 2002 at 2:51 AM Post #17 of 19
Defininetly check out www.drimala.com for a good retailer devoted to free, Downtown and experimental jazz.

If you're just getting into the music, I recommed their subscription service. Every month for $12 (postage included) you get the staff's find-of-the month CD. You can return it, but I've liked everything I've received. In fact, even if you know a lot about this genre, you'll still get to hear stuff from artists with very little press and even less distribution that you might otherwise miss.

Feb 15, 2002 at 6:52 AM Post #18 of 19
I am a major fusion-head (there are too few of us) and I'm NOT talking about elevator-smooth jazz-fuzak-puke-sheis!!! For those interested, this is the single greatest fusion resource on planet earth.

Feb 15, 2002 at 1:17 PM Post #19 of 19
I like fusion, too, I just don't talk about it much...yet...we should start a fusion thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back