Looking for mid level of Active Noise Cancellation headphones/headset
Jun 20, 2016 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

LukaTCE

New Head-Fier
Hi I am Looking for mid level of Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) headphones, a mic is plus but not necessary. Around 150€
I am looking for very comfortable and with good ANC. Is anything cheaper with similar features of Bose QuietComfort 25 ?
Now I have Sennheiser HD 598 and are not so comfortable using it for few hours (2 and up)

Most probably I can get anything from Amazon UK and DE and at this compare site http://geizhals.eu/?cat=sphd&xf=1228_aktive+Ger%E4uschunterdr%FCckung# (already with ANC filter)
I was looking for a few in europe market.
Sound Blaster EVO ZxR 120€ at sale
Aurvana Gold 100€
Plantronics Backbeat Pro black 140€

Thanks,
Luka

Jun 20, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #3 of 5
Any particular reason you want ANC? It adds artificial sound to the cups and can distort your music.

I'd go for noise isolation rather than noise cancelling.

+1

You won't find anything as good as Bose in terms of ANC. However a good compromise are the PSB M4U 2. They ISOLATE pretty well and their noise cancelling is....not that well. Bit the sound quality beats the Bose QC25 hands down. They sound very similar to the NAD Viso HP50s.

You can find them used ("like new") at amazon.de for just a little bit more than you suggest (especially in white or red - black ones are 215€).

Jun 22, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #4 of 5
Which are good noise isolation headset or headphones ? I am looking for gaming mostly and have to be closed.
Is there any list with noise isolation in dB ? Are they all ~30dB in noise isolation (NRR) ?
How "leather" ear pads compare to "microfiber"

I was looking for.
Corsair VOID RGB Wireless
Logitech 933/633
Steelseries 350/650
Sennheiser G4ME ZERO
Astro A40 TR (120€ with mixamp 170€) If is worth replacing my SB X-Fi Titanium
DT 770 is option ?

Ausdom ANC7 (120€) are they any better ?

Jun 29, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #5 of 5
Better I open a new topic for noise isolation headset ?
With ANC I wanted to isolate disturbing sounds even more (Lawn mowers (can hit even ~110dB), chainsaw, ...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back