Looking For Media Player to Replace Xbox 360
Nov 8, 2010 at 3:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Red Haze

100+ Head-Fier
Firstly, I'd like to apologize if this is the wrong forum for such a thread, this just seemed like the best place to post this as it relates to my source of audio;

I am in need of help finding a suitable media player to replace my Xbox 360. I would like a Blu Ray player that has iPod support with at least two USB slots. I do not want a recorder/player hybrid, just a pure Blu Ray player. It would be nice if it was designed with MP3 Player-use in mind so that I could easily navigate songs on screen with a remote (via artist, album etc.) but if I can control the song from the iPod directly that would be fine, although preferably w/ remote on screen.

Could someone please give me an idea on what I'm looking at? Models, pricing etc.? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Note: I won't be using headphones with this setup.

Nov 9, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #3 of 4
Idk if this is the right forum either, but I would tell you as far as media players go if you want to get the most for your money I would suggest building yourself as a HTPC = Home Theater PC. it would do everything you want an then some.

If you go this route I'd suggest going to http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=26
They have a whole forum just for HTPC's with tens of thousands of posts so they would be able to help you out.

If money is not an option I would definitely go the HTPC route from what you've said, and if it is... if you can afford at least 500 I'd definitely still go the HTPC route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back