Looking for long lasting Flac player
Jul 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

WildStyle-R11

500+ Head-Fier
So I recently purchased Koss clip on ear headphones which I think are great for work in my case at least...Can't stand things that go into my ears...
Well anyway pulled my old coby MP3 player out only to realize I got 3 albums in my collection that are in MP3 Format... :D All the rest are FLAC.

You know so I just need a FLAC player, but one that can hold battery life, Cause the fun ends at the battery's running out to soon...I mean I would think that 10 hours should be enough for work, but then again Better to be safe. I don't really know anybody could help me with this? Just a reasonable FLAC player with good 20-ish hours of battery life?

Thanks!

Jul 18, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
I like my Sansa Clip Zip. Any of those clip/fuze products are great. 

The Clip Zip is good, but it won't play 20 hours. If you put Rockbox on it(a free alternative firmware) then you might get around 12-14 hours of battery life playing FLAC.  The original firmware only gives around 7 hours or so playing FLAC, but around 12 hours playing mp3 files.  A 4GB Clip Zip is only around $38. It has a microSDHC card slot, so you can add a $10 16GB or $20 32GB class 4 microSDHC card to it. It will also support 64GB micro SDXC cards if they are formatted as FAT32.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back