Looking for Integrated recomendation for speakers
Nov 26, 2006 at 9:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

happyangryhappy

100+ Head-Fier
I am going to move my Jungson integrated into a second office system and am looking for a new integrated in the ~$700-1000 catagory. I am preferably looking at the used market and am leaning towards a tubed hybrid but am not fixed. Any ideas? I would preferably like a remote and it must be able to drive 4ohm speakers. Other than that I am totally open to possibilities.

I would also entertain separates, but I don't know if they could compete in this price range.

So far I am thinking of a Consonance A-120 hybrid or maybe a onix sp3 but am not sure.

What do you use/recommend?

Thanks

Nov 27, 2006 at 12:20 AM Post #2 of 3
Jungson's are supposed to be really good sounding amps so it may be hard... but maybe something like a Creek 5350se or Rega Mira3.... I haven't heard the Creek, but it gets fantastic reviews and I had the mira which is an oustanding amp for the money and has a great phono stage to boot...

Nov 30, 2006 at 1:08 AM Post #3 of 3
The Exposure 2010S is a very fine amp - I had one for a few months driving my Kharma speakers until I succumbed again to tubed electronics - it's almost as fine as Art Dudley said in his Stereophile review.

If you want to spend MUCH less, and don't really care what the amp looks like, and only want one input .... the Sonic Link T-Amp's sound is quite hard to beat in terms of sound quality for anything under a grand! Only about 10wpc though - but one drives my Kharmas to DVD blockbuster levels! - so compatability depends on your speakers and room size. The Gainclone amps are said to be Giant Killers too (although I've not - yet - tried one of those).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back