Looking for information on Sony DR-15 on ear headphones
Oct 8, 2013 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sylr87

New Head-Fier
Hello all, 
   I recently picked up a pair of Sony on ear DR-15 headphones, they have "Sony, stereo headphone, DR-15, Made in Japan" on the outside of each ear piece.  The only information that I have been able to find is that they may have been made in 1971.  I am curious about the specifications on these headphones. I pulled them apart for cleaning and they looked like new on the inside except the foam lining between the cloth outer liner and the metal inner grill had begun to disintegrate or dry rot.  I have been using them at my desk a few hours a week and they are just now beginning to get broken in.  The best part is that I found them at a flea market for five bucks.  Any help with the specs on them would be a big help.  Thanks in advance.

Apr 23, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #2 of 3
Hi! recently I picked up the same pair of headphones as you mention above! sony dr-15 from 1971.
I was trying to find the specs on internet but is impossible.
I read on your post that you were looking for them aswell, did you found it??
this is my mail just in case you colud send me the specs: silviasantacatalinarico@gmail.com
thanks in advance.

May 31, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #3 of 3
Hello all,
I recently picked up a pair of Sony on ear DR-15 headphones, they have "Sony, stereo headphone, DR-15, Made in Japan" on the outside of each ear piece. The only information that I have been able to find is that they may have been made in 1971. I am curious about the specifications on these headphones. I pulled them apart for cleaning and they looked like new on the inside except the foam lining between the cloth outer liner and the metal inner grill had begun to disintegrate or dry rot. I have been using them at my desk a few hours a week and they are just now beginning to get broken in. The best part is that I found them at a flea market for five bucks. Any help with the specs on them would be a big help. Thanks in advance.
I got some of these too, mine weren't so cheap, 30us on ebay; all the pics I can find show them without foam earpads, but they are so uncomfortable i think they must have had them originally, they're quite old so pads may have dissolved as foam does. Also quite shrill so i'm hoping that if i order some generic 70mm foam pads that will make them more comfortable and less shrill. They are also really loud (ive got you tube and my system sound right on the lowest setting) and a bit muddy in the lower end, so pads that distance them a little from the ear will help. They look really cool without pads so I may look less cool when adding pads lol. I have some other phones koss HV1/A (nice phones) where that thin foam you mention needs replacing I'm not sure what it does but i guess must be there for a reason. I've no idea where to get it or even google it as what would you call it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back