Looking for info. Any San Diego natives out there?
Aug 1, 2003 at 2:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

gbeard

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Head-travellers,

I will be in San Diego on biz this fall. Right now it looks like I will be staying at the Radisson Harbor View for a few days (no choice) while I attend a convention, and I have been led to believe that it is not in the best location--or a very good hotel for that matter. Any experiences?

Also, I am going to move to another place for a few days prior to coming home and (due to web feedback) I am leaning toward Humphreys Half Moon Inn. It seems to be a good value. Experiences or thoughts?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, gb

Aug 4, 2003 at 3:46 AM Post #2 of 3
Well, I'm not a native, but I've been to San Diego on business myself, several times. And I make it a point to stay at Humphrey's. They're awesome. (Great location for me, too, 10-15 minutes from work.) Once, even though I was there on a business discount, they stuck me in a room that overlooked the venue, and I got to watch Traci Chapman live in concert for free. Bad if you need to get some sleep, but good if you're into music. Make sure and check the schedule before you go, although you don't always get a choice as to where you stay (near the venue or not).

Don't know about the first question, though.

Aug 4, 2003 at 11:53 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks DC,

I did go ahead and make a res at Humphreys for the remainder of my stay. They concerts will be over prior to my staying though
frown.gif

I am glad I have made a good choice. Based on some stuff I read, I decided to go with a quieter garden view room and save a few buck--buys breakfast you know--rather than a view room. We'll be out and around anyway. The free parking is a good too. I am not going to have a car the first part of the week, but will be renting one for the remainder.

Thanks again for your help.

Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back