Looking for Inexpensive, "Lose-able" Earbuds (Fitness)
Jan 24, 2016 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

scottalot

New Head-Fier
Hey,

So I've been buying these headphones: amzn.to/1Qn58b1 and they do alright for sound while being cheap enough to break or lose. I have noticed, however, that they start getting flaky a little earlier than I would like. Something happens to the connector end where one of the audio channels stops working unless the wire is moved a certain way. I'm hoping there are some earbuds out there that are less than, say, $15 a pop that are good for running, have decent quality, and maybe have more support on the connector so this issue doesn't keep coming up.

Thanks Y'all!

Scott

Jan 25, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #2 of 7
Are you sure you want cheap headphones you can buy again after they break over better headphones designed to withstand the harsh conditions of working out?

If you buy a pair of higher-quality workout earphones, they will definitely provide better sound quality and will last significantly longer than any of your non/workout earphones.

If you do want to consider this option, just ask and I'll try to provide a short list of high-quality affordable workout earphones, otherwise, I suggest you look at http://www.ncix.com/

NCIX has at least one set of deals 24/7 and they all change weekly.  Finding a pair of earbuds for less than half price is easy and they ship to in-store locations for free.

If you have any questions, just ask.
I hope this could help,
Nemo

Jan 25, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #3 of 7
I have had Panasonic RP-HJE120-K before and they last quite long. I find them alright. You could also check out MEElelectronics M6. They are good for working out. But I also agree with Nemoona, better invest in a better pair once so that you enjoy better sound and they will last longer.

Jan 25, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #4 of 7
I just picked up a cheap pair of skull candy's when my good IEMs broke. I have been using those skull candy's for 6 months 4X/week at the gym. The sound is better than a typical apple earbud or equivalent but still not very good but they are very rugged for the price.  

Jan 25, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #6 of 7
  I have had Panasonic RP-HJE120-K before and they last quite long. I find them alright. You could also check out MEElelectronics M6. They are good for working out. But I also agree with Nemoona, better invest in a better pair once so that you enjoy better sound and they will last longer.

The Panasonic HJE450 is far superior to the HJE120. The HJE450 in white is only $13 on Amazon. The HJE120 has very little bass, and is very inefficient.
JVC makes some inexpensive sports IEMs with ear hooks if IEMs falling out is a problem. 

Jan 29, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #7 of 7
  Are you sure you want cheap headphones you can buy again after they break over better headphones designed to withstand the harsh conditions of working out?

If you buy a pair of higher-quality workout earphones, they will definitely provide better sound quality and will last significantly longer than any of your non/workout earphones.

If you do want to consider this option, just ask and I'll try to provide a short list of high-quality affordable workout earphones, otherwise, I suggest you look at http://www.ncix.com/

NCIX has at least one set of deals 24/7 and they all change weekly.  Finding a pair of earbuds for less than half price is easy and they ship to in-store locations for free.

If you have any questions, just ask.
I hope this could help,
Nemo

Yeah because I'm a college kid and my buds are routinely getting lost or getting snagged by someone every once in a while. I've got a good pair of over ear headphones for when I want real quality, but I'm looking for something I can get 2-3 of and use for anything from studying or walking to class to running a few miles or hitting the gym.
  For Gym/Workout use:
MEE audio M6 (~17$)
Over ear+memory wire for secure fit, extremely light, very good cable and L plug, decent engaging sound sig.

The Panasonic HJE450 is far superior to the HJE120. The HJE450 in white is only $13 on Amazon. The HJE120 has very little bass, and is very inefficient.
JVC makes some inexpensive sports IEMs with ear hooks if IEMs falling out is a problem. 

These are what I'm looking for, I think I'll grab one of each at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back