Looking for In Ear Noise Isolating / Cancelling Headphones in 100-200 USD Range
Jun 10, 2013 at 7:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

reeshahn

100+ Head-Fier
Hi people,

This is my first message in this forum. I got acquainted with Head-Fi last week thanks to a friend. Now I am jumping straight to my problem:

I am currently using Creative EP-630i earphones for three years but I feel like sound quality is getting poorer every year even though it prooved to be extremely durable (even survived getting washed in the washing machine). Since I started working I think it is time to buy something little bit better for my music enjoyment. In this case what I think about buying is something In Ear Noise Isolating / Cancelling in 100-200 USD price range (US price) if possible with iPhone controller & mic. I was shuffling around the website and three products attracted my attention. I would like to ask your opinion regarding these products and ask for further suggestions:

• AKG K391 NC: This product is differentiating from other two since it has active noise cancelling function. Price is around 200 USD so it definitely fits my budget. Only thing annoying me a little is now knowing if I have to carry around the processor / battery unit with me or if it is possible to seperate the headphones from the unit.
  • Shure SE215: This came as a suggestion from a friend. I can easily all iPhone cables to use it with my devices.
  • Bose MIE2i: Last and as far as according to what I read in the board probably least comes the Bose. It looks like a good option for me since its warrant is valid worlwide. (I am currently living in Turkey)

Couple more things to add:

I am living in Turkey at the moment. In my previous job I was travelling a lot and the noise cancellation was something really needed. At the moment I am having around 10 roundtrip flights abroad every year so I need some noise isolation / cancelling.

I am listening to different varieties of music but I can say I am mostly listening to Electronic Music. I would like to have some good bass in my headphone.

Thank you very much in advance for all your help! :)

Jun 10, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
Hi people,

This is my first message in this forum. I got acquainted with Head-Fi last week thanks to a friend. Now I am jumping straight to my problem:

I am currently using Creative EP-630i earphones for three years but I feel like sound quality is getting poorer every year even though it prooved to be extremely durable (even survived getting washed in the washing machine). Since I started working I think it is time to buy something little bit better for my music enjoyment. In this case what I think about buying is something In Ear Noise Isolating / Cancelling in 100-200 USD price range (US price) if possible with iPhone controller & mic. I was shuffling around the website and three products attracted my attention. I would like to ask your opinion regarding these products and ask for further suggestions:

• AKG K391 NC: This product is differentiating from other two since it has active noise cancelling function. Price is around 200 USD so it definitely fits my budget. Only thing annoying me a little is now knowing if I have to carry around the processor / battery unit with me or if it is possible to seperate the headphones from the unit.
  • Shure SE215: This came as a suggestion from a friend. I can easily all iPhone cables to use it with my devices.
  • Bose MIE2i: Last and as far as according to what I read in the board probably least comes the Bose. It looks like a good option for me since its warrant is valid worlwide. (I am currently living in Turkey)

Couple more things to add:

I am living in Turkey at the moment. In my previous job I was travelling a lot and the noise cancellation was something really needed. At the moment I am having around 10 roundtrip flights abroad every year so I need some noise isolation / cancelling.

I am listening to different varieties of music but I can say I am mostly listening to Electronic Music. I would like to have some good bass in my headphone.

Thank you very much in advance for all your help! :)

First of all, noise canceling iems are jokes imo. SE215 is solid and for electronic, SE215 bass edition might fit you better.

Jun 11, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #3 of 5
Thank you kimvictor. I tried AKG K390 before (previous version of K391) and when noise cancellation was turned on it made a significant difference in a noisy plane therefore I am thinking K391 is probably not a joke even though I never had chance to try it.

I know it is not possible for a simple earphone to isolate all the otside sound but I think it should make a difference. I hope to get couple more comments.

Jun 11, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
Thank you kimvictor. I tried AKG K390 before (previous version of K391) and when noise cancellation was turned on it made a significant difference in a noisy plane therefore I am thinking K391 is probably not a joke even though I never had chance to try it.

I know it is not possible for a simple earphone to isolate all the otside sound but I think it should make a difference. I hope to get couple more comments.

No problems. I haven't tried any noise canceling iems/hps in a plane, so I can't comment.

Jun 13, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #5 of 5
Well, I already decided to buy AKG K391 NC and placed my order. Since it will be specially imported I still have one month to change my mind but I don't think I will be changing it. I will post a review when I receive my shipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back