Looking for in-ear headphones (which one to choose?)
Jan 13, 2008 at 2:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

BP4k

New Head-Fier
Hi there ...

I am on the lookout for a new pair of in-ear headphones because my current Cresyn 630 are pretty much done for.
I don't really want to buy them again because the comfort was only so-so.

I haven't got much on my list at the moment. I've heard that the Mylarone X3i are very nice but knowing me they will not last for more than a day (and i've seen that happen here in the forum already
biggrin.gif
).
I've also found the ATH-CK7 at Audiocubes or the CKM50 also from Audiocubes.
Furthermore there are some from Denon in the same pricerange, but I don't know much about them ... any good experiences? Same question for the Panasonic HJE70. I'm also open for new suggestions ... I don't really know a lot about all the different brands out there.

I'm mostly listening to Lounge and Chillout music, often some Dance/Trance or Jazz and sometimes Metal. Furthermore I'd like to have something with decent isolation. Nothing worse than the Cresyns.
Price should max out at 100$, 65€.

P.S.: Please don't just post the name of a headphone and where to get it ... some comments why you are suggesting it are appreciated.

Jan 13, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #2 of 6
the price range is a bit low, maybe you would be able to reach the senshaiser CX90 or the CX500, you should also check the yuin PK2 or PK3 if you dont mind buds,

Jan 13, 2008 at 4:49 PM Post #4 of 6
I have Shure e2c:s and I like them a lot.
They fit well in my ears, but ears are different. I think their soundstage is pretty neutral; great mids, clear highs and tight bass. There isn't great amounts of bass (depends on where you compare... I compare to DT770s
wink.gif
), but it's enough for me, and I mostly listen to dance, trance and some pop/rock and I'm kind of a basshead... The isolation is very good.

Of course these aren't as nice sounding as for example better Shure of Ultimate Ears models, but that's obvious, isn't it... If you want good and cheap, you have to buy two
biggrin.gif
But at least I'm verry happy with these.

edit. Oh, forgot to mention that these are very senstive, so there's easily a little bit disortion (or "background noise" or something). But it's the same with all IEMs

Jan 13, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by *Sammy* /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have Shure e2c:s and I like them a lot.
They fit well in my ears, but ears are different. I think their soundstage is pretty neutral; great mids, clear highs and tight bass. There isn't great amounts of bass (depends on where you compare... I compare to DT770s
wink.gif
), but it's enough for me, and I mostly listen to dance, trance and some pop/rock and I'm kind of a basshead...

Of course these aren't as nice sounding as for example better Shure of Ultimate Ears models, but that's obvious, isn't it... If you want good and cheap, you have to buy two
biggrin.gif
But at least I'm verry happy with these.

edit. Oh, forgot to mention that these are very senstive, so there's easily a little bit disortion (or "background noise" or something). But it's the same with all IEMs

I would agree the e2c is a pretty decent phone soundwise, but comfort is an on the fence thing for me. I have had mine for about two years and am still only half there with them. I have all sizes for the black tips and some foam tips I got on ebay. The foam tips helped, but I didn't like the added hassles that came with them. Especially since I don't have a case of any kind to put 'em in.

Jan 14, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #6 of 6
I have to disagree about the e2c. I do not think the sound good for the money. They are bland IMHO.

The UE Super.fi 3 sound great for the money, but they are bulky and have to be worn over the ear. $59.99 shipped:

UE Super.fi 3

The UE Metro.fi 2 do not need to be worn over the ear and sound good also (a lot like the MylarOne X3i). $62.99 shipped:

UE Metro.fi 2

The Denon AH-C700 sound fantastic, but are out of your price range. People have compared them to the new mid level AH-C551K though. Those are only $99.99 shipped:

Denon AH-C551K

I say go for the Denon's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back