Looking for in-ear headphones under 100
Nov 20, 2018 at 4:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

8bitHopes

Head-Fier
Hey guys, I am in the market for IEMs. I am looking for something that's under 100 pounds. My main requirement for them is to be fun to listen to, I already have the beyer DT 770s so I have something to listen to when I want to have a very good audio quality. Basically I want them to be somewhat bassy (not too much to hurt my head after all they're in-ears but it isn't a secret that I am a bass head), I want them to also have accurate vocals, not too sharp but definitely clear. I want them to be definitely long-lasting as for me that is quite the price of IEMs. So far I'm looking at the shure se 215s but I am not too sure about my choice. Definitely open to suggestions (a very short explanation of why they're good is something I'd be happy for).

Nov 20, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #3 of 16
You should check out an iBasso IT01. Excellent bass, terrific detail and separation. Slightly v-shaped and so a fun signature. Definitely worth reading about, IMO.
Will definitely read and watch some reviews of those. After initial quick read I definitely like what is being said about them. Thank you.

Any other recommendations so I can make my choice even harder :D ?

Nov 21, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #5 of 16
What about the Alpha&Delta D6 ?
Edit: Nevermind, read a lot of reviews afterward finding out that people like them because they sound more natural while lacking bass compared to the it01 which is what I'm looking for. Well if over the next few days no one really recommends anything else guess imma go for them.
Edit2: If anyone is still even bothering with this topic - I read at least 2 or 3 reviews saying that without a proper source - like an amp or dac, the iBasso IT01 have quite some hissing? I will be using them entirely without an AMP so should I look for something else or ?

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #6 of 16
Edit2: If anyone is still even bothering with this topic - I read at least 2 or 3 reviews saying that without a proper source - like an amp or dac, the iBasso IT01 have quite some hissing? I will be using them entirely without an AMP so should I look for something else or ?

Not sure what you intend to use them with but I get no hiss at all from my IT01's when used straight out of an iPhone SE or the little Shanling M0 DAP - They sound fantastic.

Nov 22, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #7 of 16
Well I will be using them mainly on my iPhone X and laptop (Asus N752-VX). I was mainly asking because I read quite a few reviews mentioning hissing or some background static noise when not powered through a better source (AMP, DAP etc).

How do you find them btw ? I will be listening mainly pop, hip hop, sometimes alternative metal and a bit of trap. How are the female vocals - people are saying they don't sound as good as the male ones. How is the bass ? Any general negativity you feel about them ?

Nov 22, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #8 of 16
I tend to listen to a lot of downtempo electronic music that doesn't have a huge amount of vocals so wouldn't be the best to comment on that front.
These are certainly a fun sounding IEM though, bass is big whilst tight and controlled. The detail, soundstage and imaging are better than anything else I've heard in this price range.
As for negatives, the only one is a bit of driver flex when inserting them.

Nov 23, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #10 of 16
Stay away from Shure IEMs. Overpriced and not very good sound quality. Chinese IEMs offer the best performance to price in that price range. KZ ZS10 and KZ ZS6 are pretty good.

Nov 23, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #11 of 16

The IT01 will pick up hiss pretty well from sources that have a high noise floor. But that's mainly a concern with amps that are aimed at powering headphones. You should be fine running the IT01 off of a phone.

Nov 23, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #13 of 16
Yeah I purchased them. They're coming in 2 days. Gonna update the topic for future reference if anyone would wonder. Thanks for the advice guys.

Nov 25, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #14 of 16
Right so .. I am writing this for anyone that may look into this topic in the future while not being a professional but rather very amateur review.

As everyone is saying - build quality is just amazing. This is my most expensive pair of IEMs so far but I can tell you - build quality is absolutely amazing.
Sound - Oh my gawd. These little guys are probably on par with my Beyerdynamic DT770s and they have 40mm of driver difference.. Pretty much what the professional reviews were saying is true except I didn't notice any distant female vocals, I find them to be right where they need to be - also not thinny neither sharp, just perfect. The sub-bass .. oh my gawd. First song I heard and I was already melted by the brilliance of it. Just enough to love it and not hurt your head after 4-5 hours of listening. If you have any further questions feel free to PM me.

However, I have one question to some of the owners of the it01. After trying out the 2 foam sizes for 30 minutes because I just couldn't decide I went with the larger ones as they offered a bit deeper bass and the vocals didn't seem to be recessed for me. That being said 2 miniature O-rings fell off from somewhere and I can't possibly figure out from where..can anyone possibly help? I've uploaded a pic just in case.
https://imgur.com/a/V1tKKjT

Attachments

• 46795035_963899947131157_5072453683355058176_n.jpg
    46795035_963899947131157_5072453683355058176_n.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 25, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #15 of 16
Excellent news - glad you're enjoying them!

Strange about those o-rings though, can't say I've noticed any with mine. I've just opened up all the bags of tips from mine as I've never even tried them before, no o-rings in there.
Maybe worth asking in the T01 thread, Paul from iBasso often answers questions in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back