Looking for IEM's
Jan 23, 2010 at 12:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Mi3zu

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for something around 40$ with intl shipping since I'm from Europe.
I'm also looking for something Grado-like. I mostly listen to rock( not metal ) and some electronic every now and then. I'm gonna use them with a Sansa Clip+
I've been looking at the RE2's the Yuin PK3 and the Sound Magic PL30's but I don't know how each of them sounds only that they fit my price range and are recommended around here. You can still recommend me anything else as long as it is in the price range
Also a friend of mine is looking for something in the same price range but he likes bass more and listens to hip-hop.
So can someone recommend something for me and something for him please?

Jan 23, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #2 of 10
My kids like the SoundMagic PL30's for general use. They have held up well (esp. compared to the number of Senns they use to go through). I use the PL50's for watching DVD on the stationary bike and they sound good too. Look at Joker's roundup for a better listing.

Jan 23, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mi3zu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any opinions on these? Is the M6 worth the price difference from M9?

In my opinion, definitely. Unless having to wear them over-the-ear is a dealbreaker.

Jan 23, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #8 of 10
Well I've read that they share the same driver so imo just wearing them over the ear doesn't make up for the double price. Also I've read that the new M9 has better build quality so I'm leaning towards it.
Any opinions on RE2's+Fiio E5 vs M9 for rock and electronic? RE2+Fiio E5 is also double the price so it should sound better to be worth it.

Jan 24, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #9 of 10
M9 and M6 sound quite different despite sharing the same driver. Different enough that you wouldn't know they share hardware from just listening to them. I also think the M6 is built slightly better still, even with the new cabling on the M9. I'm not a big fan of the sound of the RE2, even with a Fiio amp. Compared to the M9 they are completely bass-anemic. The M6 is somewhere inbetween. Oh and the build quality and microphonics are definitely not on the same level as the M9 and M6.

Jan 24, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #10 of 10
Just to add my two cents, over-the-ear phones are great. They might tug a bit but microphonics are massively reduced, so it's worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back