Looking for IEM's under $300
Mar 15, 2015 at 8:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

NotaLefty

100+ Head-Fier
I don't know much about IEM's, but I'm looking for a pair that I can buy and have on or before Wednesday, March 18th. I can pick-up from Best Buy, Guitar Center, or ship with Amazon Prime / Ebay. I have owned Shure SE215's in the past but I found them rather uncomfortable. I am looking at the Vsonic GR07 and Westone UM10 Pro currently. Are there any other IEM's that I'm missing? I will be driving them from my laptop, or possibly a Schiit Fulla if I can get it in time. I prefer a balanced sound signature with emphasis on the midrange. 

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #2 of 5
IMHO, if you try to have them shipped to arrive by Wed, you are setting yourself up for failure. OTOH, I haven't seen any IEMs stocked at BestBuy or Guitar Center that are in the same class as those you list (except the Shure SE215, which you have already excluded). I think I would just buy something cheap locally (maybe some JVC or Sennheiser CX), then order the ones you really want when you don't have such a short timeline.

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #3 of 5
This review list might help: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-334-iems-compared-dunu-dn-2000-added-03-12-15-p-1042

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #4 of 5
IMHO, if you try to have them shipped to arrive by Wed, you are setting yourself up for failure. OTOH, I haven't seen any IEMs stocked at BestBuy or Guitar Center that are in the same class as those you list (except the Shure SE215, which you have already excluded). I think I would just buy something cheap locally (maybe some JVC or Sennheiser CX), then order the ones you really want when you don't have such a short timeline.

Guitar Center actually stocks the Westone UM10, UM20, and UM 30, as well as the Shure SE line. The only thing I would need to order online is the Vsonic GR07 or other IEM that is recommended, which is doable with Amazon Prime 1 or 2 day shipping. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back