Looking for IEM's, don't like cans. Spending max $1k.
Oct 10, 2013 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

v639dragoon

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I'm searching for some IEM's. I currently have Grado SR 325is's. This is going to sound strange, but I have oily skin and wearing the cans kind of gross's me out. I shower twice a day, so that's not the issue. 

I listen to primarily EDM music, trance, electronic, techno. I will be powering them through my PC Xonar soundcard, so that is not an issue. 

Also for price, I have a budget of up to $1,000. I've listened to some Klipsch and Ultimate ears (Super.fi 5EB) and did not like them.

Any recommendations? 

Thank you!

Oct 11, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #4 of 8
Do you like the SR325is? Is there anything that you want to change/improve in terms of SQ? 

Most of us are willing to help you out, but we will need some form of information to work on before we can offer you any suggestions. Given your budget, a CIEM might be possible. 

Oct 11, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #6 of 8
IEM will gross you out more ... trust me. And you sure it's not a Grado problem instead of a headphone problem in general? Grado's are horrible headphones in terms of fit and comfort, so they probably make you sweaty also.

Oct 13, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #8 of 8
  Do you like the SR325is? Is there anything that you want to change/improve in terms of SQ? 

Most of us are willing to help you out, but we will need some form of information to work on before we can offer you any suggestions. Given your budget, a CIEM might be possible. 

I think the Grado SR325is's are just ok. I'm not in love with them, as they aren't geared towards the music I've been listening to lately.

Also, I do have problems with the size of Grado's, they end up hurting my ears after using them for a bit as they are a tad bit to small (I know this has been a problem for several people).

I don't get sweaty, my skin is just oily.

I would like for the bass to be very deep, responsive, and to almost be able to feel it throughout your body. As well as being able to hear a very crisp, true sound of the vocals (generally female).

Is there any particular brand that some of you like for custom in ear earbuds? I noticed that UE makes some, I'm sure I could find somewhere to test some of them out at as I'm in Silicon Valley.

Thanks again for the input so far!

I'm willing to spend a bit more if the Tralucent 1plus2's sound is justified by its cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back