Looking for IEM's at a 250$ budget. Help appreciated!
Feb 7, 2012 at 8:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

toughcub

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, title pretty much? I was looking around and I stumbled upon a Ortofon EQ-5 for 249$. Although, I didn't feel like I had to pull the trigger so suddenly after 3-4 hrs of research and sniffing around :)

I listen to lots of dubstep, extreme metal, jazz, trance, 2-step...many other genres as well, but not as much as the genres I mentioned. (I guess I can say I like some bass)

Maybe I'm looking for an all-rounder, or just a fun, wow-factorish IEM for the price.

There are some songs here that can help provide clear and accurate thoughts on your opinions....

Flying Lotus- Do the Astral Plane
Flying Lotus- Message Situation
Tokimonsta- Sweet Day
Nero- Promises
Nero- Act Like You Know (Dubstep Mix)
Cave In- Juggernaut
Botch- To our Friends In The Great White North

I am just your average iPod listener looking for some good everyday portable fun phones.

Anything that can play that^ with some wow-factor at a $250 budget, gimme your recommendations! Thanks! :)

Feb 8, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #3 of 8
I've been using MTPG's for that exact type of music you listen to, up until I got a pair of FX700's recently.

the golds are great, although a bit under your budget, the bass extends low and is definitely a basshead oriented IEM, with a warm fun sound

my choice for EDM up until a few days ago

Feb 8, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #4 of 8
Check out the Westone UM2's. Definitely have the bass you're lookng for and I've seen them around the $230-$240 range. 

Feb 9, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #7 of 8
Thanks for all your help so far guys, umm looks like it's coming down to either to most likely the Ortofon e-q5 or TF10 (got bunch of reviews telling me I can't really go wrong with either of them for the value).

Feb 9, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #8 of 8
I like my EQ-5's, they have some nice clarity and detail.  Though I tend to prefer the Westone W3's and IE8's recently for listening, not sure you could find those new for $250...but definitely used on the for sale forums for less.

Never heard the TF10's,  but everyone seams to love them....if they fit right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back