Looking for IEM with mic for $200-$250
Nov 13, 2011 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

j3st

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

I'm looking for a pair of earphones with an in-line mic for around $200-$250. I listen to a lot of different genres from classical to trance, and currently own a pair of Ultimate Ears 700. The amount of bass in those are pretty good for me; tight and with some quantity. I also have a strong preference to wearing earphones straight down as opposed to over the ear. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Nov 15, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #3 of 5
All the high end IEMs with an in-line mic tend to be more than your price range. There's the Klipsch x10i, TF10vi, IE8i, Monster Turbine Pro Copper/Gold with control talk for higher end. There's not much in the $100-$300 range as most other ones fall under the $100 range -such as NuForce NE700M, Westone T1 (I don't know much about these but I know they exist), Klipsch S4i, Jays A-Jays Four, and Thinksound ts02+mic.

Nov 15, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #5 of 5
Second on the PFE 122.  I have a pairI could sell if you are interested.  I upgraded to Westone 4's so don't listen to the PFEs much anymore.  The PFE's are neutral, great for jazz and classical, punch way above their weight on sound quality.  Only issue with the mic - the sound isolation is so good on the PFEs that you will have to remove one side to hear your own voice.  That is probably an issue with many isolating iems with mics.  That's why I personally prefer use a pair of Bose MIE2i's with my iPhone for phone calls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back