Looking for IEM w/ Mic or IEM + DIY mic
Oct 17, 2017 at 11:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

thrgk

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking into IEM's for myself, and I am just about to grab the Kinera H3's for $75 with the sale they are having. I did look at the TFZ series and Exclusive series, but I can save $25 and I hear the H3's are just as good. I am looking to spend around $100, however really want a cable with a microphone. Now I know TFZ and Kinera use .78mm connector pins however when I look for cables, they either have terrible reviews or do not say if they are .78mm.

Now, should I go ahead and grab the Kinera H3, and if possible (not sure how to, tho i do know soldering well) to add a mic, or just buy IEM's with a mic or IEM's that have better cable availability?

Sorry for the long post, but I am new to IEM's and feel that a mic is not really a thing a lot of people want, but I need one.

Thank you for your help

Oct 17, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #2 of 13
Last edited:
Oct 18, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #3 of 13
Of you go to Kinera Facebook page there's a post about it. You buy through AliExpress with a code. I'm a telegram member so got it for $75, non members are $79

Are there any $100 range iem with mic ? I see UM Pro 10 but I haven't heard great things.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #4 of 13
MEE Audio Pinnacle P2 is $99.99. Comes with a non-braided mic cable, although it's not the greatest cable. Or the Massdrop MEE PX, which is the same as the Pinnacle P1, but with a coated shell & copper cable not included, for $115. It comes with a braided mic cable. IMO it is a great cable. You'll find many reviews on the P1. It doesn't necessarily require an amp if you're just using it with a phone, but it does benefit from one.

I do have a P2 listed in the for sale section if you're interested. Comparing the P2 to the PX though, if you're paying full price for both ($99.99 vs $115), go for the PX. The P2 is easier to drive & will get you to about 80% of the P1/PX in terms of audio fidelity, but the P1/PX gets you the great zinc-alloy shell with the better cable.

I have the UM Pro 10. Very tiny & comfortable with the peanut sized shell. Nice & bright with good clarity from the single BA. Cable is crap though.

That's a nice discount for the Kinera H3, but add shipping and you're better waiting for another drop on Massdrop ($84.99 at the lowest drop price).

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #6 of 13
MEE Audio Pinnacle P2 is $99.99. Comes with a non-braided mic cable, although it's not the greatest cable. Or the Massdrop MEE PX, which is the same as the Pinnacle P1, but with a coated shell & copper cable not included, for $115. It comes with a braided mic cable. IMO it is a great cable. You'll find many reviews on the P1. It doesn't necessarily require an amp if you're just using it with a phone, but it does benefit from one.

I do have a P2 listed in the for sale section if you're interested. Comparing the P2 to the PX though, if you're paying full price for both ($99.99 vs $115), go for the PX. The P2 is easier to drive & will get you to about 80% of the P1/PX in terms of audio fidelity, but the P1/PX gets you the great zinc-alloy shell with the better cable.

I have the UM Pro 10. Very tiny & comfortable with the peanut sized shell. Nice & bright with good clarity from the single BA. Cable is ****e though.

That's a nice discount for the Kinera H3, but add shipping and you're better waiting for another drop on Massdrop ($84.99 at the lowest drop price).

The $75 includes shipping . Still $10 less than massdrop.

So pinnacle P1 is better than p2? Mean I'm not a super audio buff either

Oct 18, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #7 of 13
You got hangout ? Interested in the O2 I guess. Looks better then Shure possibly

I have the UM Pro 10. Very tiny & comfortable with the peanut sized shell. Nice & bright with good clarity from the single BA. Cable is ****e though.

Oct 18, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #8 of 13
I have the Shozy Hibiki. I backed it on Indiegogo as part of the AAW Capri campaign. It has to be the largest single driver IEM I've ever seen. The shell is larger than my 64 Audio U5. I'm not able to get a good seal with it & the Capri DAC cable isn't functioning properly. Play/pause button works, but volume buttons don't. I'm probably going to be selling it off with the regular nylon sleeved cable.

I have the Kinera H3 already, but was considering picking up another one to use at the gym.

PX is a better value than the P2 at $115 vs $99.99. The braided mic cable alone retails for $34.99. Plus you're getting a much more solid build. The only reason I picked up the P2 was because you get about 80% of the performance of the P1/PX, but in an easier to drive package and I paid $85 using a now-expired promo code. After listening to both though, I realize I still prefer the P1, even though I originally paid about $150 for it. With the release of the PX though, it's a no-brainer. I picked one up just to have as a backup.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #9 of 13
I have the Shozy Hibiki. I backed it on Indiegogo as part of the AAW Capri campaign. It has to be the largest single driver IEM I've ever seen. The shell is larger than my 64 Audio U5. I'm not able to get a good seal with it & the Capri DAC cable isn't functioning properly. Play/pause button works, but volume buttons don't. I'm probably going to be selling it off with the regular nylon sleeved cable.

I have the Kinera H3 already, but was considering picking up another one to use at the gym.

PX is a better value than the P2 at $115 vs $99.99. The braided mic cable alone retails for $34.99. Plus you're getting a much more solid build. The only reason I picked up the P2 was because you get about 80% of the performance of the P1/PX, but in an easier to drive package and I paid $85 using a now-expired promo code. After listening to both though, I realize I still prefer the P1, even though I originally paid about $150 for it. With the release of the PX though, it's a no-brainer. I picked one up just to have as a backup.

Where can I get the PX tho? Didn't see the drop active

Oct 18, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #11 of 13
Would i be better with the shure se215 + pinnacle headset cable? I see you have some for $80, thats a good price

Also since id use my s7 to drive em, isnt the p2 better for me?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back