Looking for IEM suggestions
Mar 11, 2007 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BlackSol

New Head-Fier
OK, I would like some suggestions about some IEMs. I have done a bit of searching, but haven't found anything to really suit my particular situation.

Particulars:

1. To be used exclusively with my Zen Vision: M
2. I am using SportaPros now, and I would like something similiar in sound (if possible). A little less bass would be fine.
3. If it makes a difference, my hearing is slightly screwed due to 2 decades of concert-going, and not wanting to look "uncool" when younger by wearing earplugs (boy would that change if I had it to do again).
4. I listen to mostly metal and hard rock. Within metal I listen to mainly raw black (virtually non existent bass, very "treblely" guitar and pretty piss poor production), death (both brutal and some older melodeath), thrash and some doom.
5. No desire to use an amp.
6. Don't want to spend more than $50 US. Could go a bit higher.

The only experience I have with IEM is with a pair of Koss Plugs that I bought a long time ago. What a crappy experience it was too.

I was looking at the Creative EP-630, but any other suggestions are welcome.

If I forgot any relevent info just let me know.

TIA

Mar 11, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #2 of 5
hi,
i also have the zv:m and i am using an ep-635 with it. i would recommend it to you. you can also try the koss ksc75. they are a pair of great cans imho! if you could stretch your budget to around $70, get the grado sr-60; they are good for rock i think. good luck!

Mar 11, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #5 of 5
The Creatives are good "value" earphones. I keep a pair with me pretty much all the time. They have their limitations, but for $30 or so, they make me appreciate listening to music a lot more than bundled earphones do (I hate the way bundled buds fit -- or don't really fit -- my ears).

You do sound like a possible Grado fan, down the road ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back