Looking for iem/buds! (ne-7m? re-02? pk2?...)
Jan 23, 2009 at 4:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Jazz9

100+ Head-Fier
I want to buy some iems/buds as backup phones when I don't feel like using my full-size cans at home (it feels good not to have something on your head at times especially at night).
Like I said it's just to be used as a backup so I don't want to spend a lot on this.
I've looked at the different opinions on the forum and the best deals for me seem to be either the nuforce ne-7m, head-direct re-02 and yuin pk2, ok3 and pk3.
I won't be using them outside so I don't think isolation is that important (even if some would be great), I just want the best sound quality possible at that price.
I want something somewhat neutral but still fun at the same time as I listen mostly to indie/rock.
For comparison's sake I have a (genuine) ep-630 and I find them to be too bass-heavy with rolled off highs and poor details.
Thanks for your help!
beerchug.gif

Feb 10, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #2 of 3
A little update
wink_face.gif

I'm still looking for buds/iems for the usage I described in the op but I've decreased the choices.
It's basically ne-7m vs Pk3 now but I'm leaning more and more towards the Pk3s.
Isolation isn't a must because I'll be listening to them at home; sound quality is my first and foremost priority so if anyone wants to share their opinion concerning them I'll be thankful.
I'm using Soundmagic pl-30 for now, would any of the two options be a worthwhile upgrade or should I just keep the PL-30?
I'll be using them with a Zero dac/amp (opa627/lt1364) and Sansa Fuze.
Thanks!

EDIT: lol just saw the yuin pk3s VS Ne-7ms thread on the first page!

Feb 10, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #3 of 3
I would definitely say the N7M's. I use to have the Pk3, and Pk2, and Pk1, and I have to say, this is my first IEM, but I think it sounds better than all of them. Or at least, it is more fun sounding to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back