Looking for IEM advice
Oct 11, 2009 at 4:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

shotgun

New Head-Fier
Budget: ~150$
Type: Earbuds (shallow insertion, no seal)
Genre: Electronic (Infected Mushroom, Shpongle)
Sound quality: rich mids, soft highs and moderate bass, clean sound (Audio Techniqua AD700 style, although a little more dynamic boost wouldn't hurt)

From some research, it looks like the Head-Direct RE1 are a good choice.

I'm not interested in buying an AMP.

Suggestions?

Oct 11, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #2 of 5
Cresyn C750 and 0K2..........

Oct 11, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #4 of 5
OK, I was ready to spend a little more, they are both about half the price I'm willing to pay. It seems like earbuds aren't appreciated much but I'm using them outdoors and need to hear people talk / cars narrowly missing my bike in the street...

I ordered the Yuin PK2 and the Cresyn C750E, will review when I get them.

The RE1 aren't getting any support? I saw some fairly good reviews...

Also - I'm completely clueless about eartips. Which ones should I use with these? I have fairly small ear canals.

Oct 11, 2009 at 7:36 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by shotgun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, I was ready to spend a little more, they are both about half the price I'm willing to pay. It seems like earbuds aren't appreciated much but I'm using them outdoors and need to hear people talk / cars narrowly missing my bike in the street...

I ordered the Yuin PK2 and the Cresyn C750E, will review when I get them.

The RE1 aren't getting any support? I saw some fairly good reviews...

Also - I'm completely clueless about eartips. Which ones should I use with these? I have fairly small ear canals.

The RE1 aren't getting any love because they aren't earbuds. They do seal and provide moderate isolation. Also, the RE0's, the next model up, are currently cheaper.

As for tips, the PK2 are not IEMs and they don't need tips. They wear just like apple earbuds except that you can use the provided foam covers. Don't know anything about the Cresyn, but I'm sure several sizes of tips are already included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back