Looking For Hobby...
May 24, 2005 at 4:05 AM Post #17 of 37
If outdoor is an option, I'll second the golf.
Indoor, photoshop is something I keep meaning to get 'round to. Hope I get there someday.
CPW

May 24, 2005 at 4:22 AM Post #18 of 37
You should really have some fun making amps and cables. It's really very entertaining and you have the opportunity to learn a WHOLE lot. On top of all that, you have the added bonus and pride of using something that you made yourself. It's all about the DIY man, get to it!!!
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2005 at 1:23 PM Post #23 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
Golf is very fun - but hope you have a lot of time to yourself... you'll piss yourself off if you expect to be even NEAR acceptable with only getting in one or two games a month.

My aim for this year is modest - break 120 - at least once
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2005 at 2:25 PM Post #24 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by hciman77
My aim for this year is modest - break 120 - at least once
biggrin.gif

Hopefully I can break 80 this year, after nearly 10 years of playing.

May 24, 2005 at 2:37 PM Post #25 of 37
Last year I shot a career low 75, 2 wks later placed dead last in a tournament.
After 6 mos off over a long winter I started the season off w/ a 110. My worst score in 5 yrs.
Gotta love golf.
My handicap has gone from 7.3 to 11.7 to 10.0 over the last 4 yrs (which included the birth of my daughter and some reduced playing. Used to go twice a week and play all year; now I'm lucky to play once a week in season.
I'll try again on Thurs now that the weather has finally turned around.
CPW

May 24, 2005 at 3:19 PM Post #26 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
My wife tells me I don't have time for any more hobbies.
tongue.gif

-Ed

Never discount baby making! Always a winner with the wife
biggrin.gif

For me, I am looking into a martial art. I feel so lethargic all the time. I work in a lab, I'm sitting most of the time. If I'm at school...yep on my butt! Perpetually sedentary and it is driving me nuts lately! Heck, my greatest hobby requires sitting or lying down! Sooo, to force myself to make time for exercise, something that just doesn't happen often anymore, I'm taking up some martial arts. I am torn between Tai Kick boxing and Shaolin Gung fu. Both offer Jeet Kun Do classes as add-ons later in the training, or simultaneously.

May 24, 2005 at 4:53 PM Post #27 of 37
Have you thought about musical instruments? Piano and Guitar are very rewarding.

There are many good hobbies about, just not enough time. Radio Controlled aircraft (planes and helis) are a great way to get outside.

May 24, 2005 at 5:52 PM Post #28 of 37
Cycling!

Good for your health, technically interesting, lots of upgrading possibilities
eggosmile.gif
and you get to know the area where you live
icon10.gif
[size=xx-small]Oh well - perhaps you live in the dessert or high up on a cliff...[/size]

May 24, 2005 at 6:05 PM Post #29 of 37
I'm surprised no one has mentioned photography. Digital photography especially works well with computers if you're looking for a way to utilize your computer.

Besides, after you make your cables and amps, you need to take photos of them to post here. And good photos can really make your work stand out. Just take a look at some of RnB180's photos of his cables.

May 24, 2005 at 6:09 PM Post #30 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
Never discount baby making! Always a winner with the wife
biggrin.gif

Procreation and recreation are not one and the same
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back