Looking for his and her cruiser/comfort type bikes - need help!
Mar 21, 2009 at 1:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jpstereo

500+ Head-Fier
I an looking to purchase a bike for the wife and me. I am interested in cruiser type models such as the Trek Navigator or Specialized Expedition. I want to keep the bike under $400 each if possible. Any suggestions for comfy cruiser type bikes?

Mar 24, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #2 of 3
Either of those options would be fine. More expensive bikes would have better components, generators for lights, and internally geared hubs (you can change gears, even if you aren't pedaling). If you are planning on cruising around for a few miles then your listed options are great. If you are going to go on longer rides (consistently over 10 miles) then you may have to get a new seat (saddle). Wide, plush seats actually hurt more on longer rides (blocks off blood flow to certain areas, more rubbing / chafing all over, etc.). Be sure to ride your bikes before buying them and get them fitted properly by a good bike store. The bike store should also prep the bike for sale (checking all the cables and settings) and they should also offer a free tune-up (the cables stretch after 100 miles or so and you'll want them re-adjusted).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back