Looking for High Quality Over Ear Sport Headphones with highest decibel to distortion ratio. Anyone know of anything?
Jan 12, 2014 at 9:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Michael Rowle

New Head-Fier
Hey I am looking for some headphones to go running with.  I have a fiio e06 with a lineout, and some sportapros that work decently right now but I am looking for something that is over ear.  Does anyone know of anywhere that has the values measured of the highest decibel headphones with the lowest amount of distortion?  Any links or anything.  Want it to be somewhat affordable.  Thinking maybe sennheiser hd419's right now.  Thank you.

Jan 12, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #2 of 4
Does anyone know of anywhere that has the values measured of the highest decibel headphones with the lowest amount of distortion?

Where did you get that spec from? I'm not even sure what that means.

Jan 12, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #3 of 4
Dunno if that's a spec. With my sportapros at max volume some songs have this muddy rattle to them.   Basically something with decent sound quality I can turn up real loud without it distorting and stays on my head ok. I'm not sure what spec I am looking for on this one.  I know some headphones sound really good at moderate volume and higher, but I am wondering what spec to look for for really loud stuff that doesn't distort. 

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #4 of 4
Volume is a combination of the amplifier, the headphone sensitivity, the level of noise in the surrounding environment and the amount of isolation the headphones provide.

The higher the isolation the headphones provide, the lower the actual volume the music needs to be in order to overcome a noisy environment.

Isolation comes from closed (sealed) headphones and in-ear monitors. The Sennheiser HD419 are closed, and that is what you want. Your current Sportapros provide very little isolation, and I suspect that is your primary issue.

Another option might be some in-ear headphones that provide a high level of isolation, like these:
http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-Sport-Fi-Noise-Isolating-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0038W0K2U

I'm trying not to preach at you - but you really should be careful with listening at extremely high volume levels. Someday, you may regret it - I know I do, and I have the tinnitus to prove that I was very foolish when I was young. :xf_eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back