Looking for high quality head phones that are less than 160$
Dec 4, 2013 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

imnewtothis

New Head-Fier
I have been doing tedious research on headphones lately, but because I am not an audiophile, I have to rely on other peoples basic review of sound quality, comfort, and durability.  I came across two headphones that are in my price range and, based on reviews, have the best sound quality.  These headphones are the Sennheiser HD 558's and the Sennheiser HD 380 pros.  I am also considering the Bose IE2's (yes I know these are in ear headphones unlike the other choices) because I have had the chance to listen to a friends and enjoyed the sound quality and comfort they provided.  I will be using these headphones with my smartphone  for long periods of time at home and at school (school can be quite noisy), so I wouldn't mind having some good noise isolation, but the main priority is getting the best sound quality and comfort out of the headphones.  I would like to know which of these headphones you think best suits the environment I will be in, and if you have a better option for under $160, feel free to recommend it. 
P.S. I know the 558's are open back so they will have hardly any noise isolation and a ton of sound leakage, but I have read in reviews that it gives the headphones a much better sound (apparently it feels like it is less stuck in your head) compared to closed back headphones.
Thanks!
dt880smile.png

Dec 4, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #2 of 4
Welcome friend, 

What kind of sound are you looking for in a set of headphones? clear, bassy, neutral? 

Dec 5, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #3 of 4
I am looking for some very accurate and clear sounding headphones, although I listen to rap a lot soI wouldn't mind a little extra bass, but bass isn't a priority either. Punchy bass preferably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back