Looking for high end closed back.
Aug 9, 2021 at 6:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Lickumms

500+ Head-Fier
I have been looking for a great pair of closed back headphones for, preferably, around $1500. I would probably be willing to go to $2k+ if the headphones are insanely great. Sadly I live in the middle of nowhere North Dakota. So try-before-you-buy isn't really an option. I would really like some opinions on what you guys think is the best. Please recommend any headphones and why you love them. I haven't looked too much into reviews yet. Still trying to figure out all options available.

The headphones I have been looking at are:

-Denon AH-D9200
-Gjallarhorn GH 50 / Gjallarhorn JM (not sure the difference between the 2)
-Mr. Speakers Aeon 2 Noire
-Mr. Speakers Ether C Flow/X
-Audeze LCD-XC
-HiFiMan HE-R10 Dynamic Version
-Focal Celestee

I believe that is everything I have found interesting so far.

Edit: Spelling

Aug 9, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #2 of 7
ZMF Verite Closed will blow your budget but damn good if you got a decent amp.

Aug 9, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #3 of 7
Aug 12, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #7 of 7
I have been looking for a great pair of closed back headphones for, preferably, around $1500. I would probably be willing to go to $2k+ if the headphones are insanely great. Sadly I live in the middle of nowhere North Dakota. So try-before-you-buy isn't really an option. I would really like some opinions on what you guys think is the best. Please recommend any headphones and why you love them. I haven't looked too much into reviews yet. Still trying to figure out all options available.

The headphones I have been looking at are:

-Denon AH-D9200
-Gjallarhorn GH 50 / Gjallarhorn JM (not sure the difference between the 2)
-Mr. Speakers Aeon 2 Noire
-Mr. Speakers Ether C Flow/X
-Audeze LCD-XC
-HiFiMan HE-R10 Dynamic Version
-Focal Celestee

I believe that is everything I have found interesting so far.

Edit: Spelling

I'd see if you can find used Focal Stellias for around $2k grab them, or take a look at the Focal Radiance. I had the Celleste's and returned them. They have a very narrow sound stage. You can find more information going back a few pages on the Stellia thread where I summarized a lot of information on the Focal closed backs.

Good luck in your search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back