Looking For Help With In-Ears - First Timer
Nov 26, 2011 at 4:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Connnorrr

100+ Head-Fier
I haven't had any quality in-ears before. I've had some pair of Skullycandy's that I've used sparingly over the past two years, but recently my need for portables has increased. My Skullycandy's finally crapped out on me with no sound coming from the left channel, so I took this as the time to upgrade.

I have a budget of $120. My main problem is my left ear canal is very small. I used a medium sized tip for my right ear, but my left wasn't fitting right with the small tip that my Skullcandy had. It fit in all the way as it was supposed to. 

I haven't really been able to find anything searching around yet, but I'm going to keep looking through that massive IEM guide that is posted here in the mean time. 

As far as music taste goes, I enjoy many different genre's, so they would need to be somewhat well rounded if possible.

If there is anything else I can answer, please ask and thank you for the help in advance.

Nov 26, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #2 of 6
I will highly recommend the Etymotic HF5 for there great soundquality and they are small enough to fit easily in the ears. Few other IEMs are also recommended like HSA Crysyal, Sony EX510, RE0, M4, Aurvana 3, HF3, ADDIEM, JVC FXC51 and JVC FX500.

Nov 26, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #3 of 6
The HF5s are incredibly small, so they should be able to go into your ears. but...they go really deep into your ear canals which might be unnerving/surprising for some people.

Nov 26, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #4 of 6
Have a look at the UE700! They will be quite an upgrade. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 26, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
The HF5s are incredibly small, so they should be able to go into your ears. but...they go really deep into your ear canals which might be unnerving/surprising for some people.

I actually own some Ety ear plugs, so I have had the triple flange in my ears before! Thanks for all the quick responses, I'm looking into the suggestions now. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back