Looking for help to buy Fiio brand equipment
Nov 28, 2013 at 3:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

adone56

New Head-Fier
Hi Everybody

I am an Audiophile from Venezuela and I am happy to have found this forum. (I beg your pardon if at times I intermix Spanglish in the text, all the English I know is from school, books, the Internet and American TV but I have never lived in an English speaking country)

Recently I bought an Fiio DAC (model E17) from Amazon but unfortunately the unit was defective and I had to return it back. There was no returning policy on that item so Amazon credited back the net value of my purchase. Frankly previous to my decision I read somewhere that this equipment had some bad reputation in the sense that it had a high failure rate and poor QC but I didn’t think it could happen to me. :frowning2:

The fact is that, being that I don't live in USA, I had to buy the device through an international courier who runs a warehouse in Miami. All purchases are directed to this address and the Courier takes the merchandise and bring it to me in Venezuela. The freight and custom paperwork is costly per se and the sum of the inbound freight plus the international returning costs I had to pay was almost what I paid for E17 unit, hence the entire thing was a kick on the teeth.

However I would really like to have this thing, more than ever now, that I learned that there exists the companion of the E17 which is the E09K but I am afraid that the bad business may repeat again and I will lose my money one more time.

At this moment I realize I have overrun a little explaining all the story to you but I really do need help in my US purchasing journey. I would be eternally grateful if some of you guys suggests to me a store in the US that keeps Fiio stuff to whom I can personally talk over the phone and not an aseptic and cold automated online shopping website.

I am looking for a real street level store with real people that maybe can test the devices prior shipping them to me; I don’t care paying a bit more for the service but I want to be sure that the stuff is gonna working out of the box.

Thanks again for your patience.

Nov 28, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #2 of 4
Did you try B&H Photo in NYC? They ship worldwide. You can call them on the phone.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

Nov 28, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #3 of 4
  However I would really like to have this thing, more than ever now, that I learned that there exists the companion of the E17 which is the E09K but I am afraid that the bad business may repeat again and I will lose my money one more time.

What exactly will you be plugging the amplifier or DAC/amplifier into?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back