Looking for headset/headphones for FPS gaming
Jul 18, 2014 at 6:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

cl0ck

New Head-Fier
I've been looking for a new headset/headphones since mine broke, im using an asus xonar ds soundcard. My broken headset is a cm storm sirus s. Primary game is FPS competitively so i need a good soundstage for pin poining position,footsteps,etc. 

My choices are : 
AT ath m30x ($90)
AT ath m20x ($70)
SS siberia v2 ($110)

Im aware of ad700 being the best but way out of my price range ($180) here for that so heres my three last choice since i have no other ones. And is a $5 mic worth getting?? or should i invest more into it?? Thanks in advance :)

Edit : My other option is AKG K77.. Comfort is also a plus if possible
2nd Edit : Superlux HD668B is also a possible option
3rd Edit : Creative aurvana live is also possible..

Jul 19, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #2 of 6
I would like to point out that there are not that many good headsets in the market. Usually the price is too high compared to the over all sound quality and build quality.

Out of the headphones you mentioned i think the Superlux HD668B and the Creative Aurvana Live are most likely the best, at least they are well liked by the community here. But i am not sure if they have good soundstage...

You did not mention any price range so how much would you be willing to spend and would you be willing to buy a amp / dac? 

Jul 19, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #3 of 6
Try the Takstar HI 2050 or the headset version, QPad QH 85. They're DT 880 clones but good ones. Pretty neutral, very good for positional cues in shooters.

Jul 19, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #4 of 6
  I would like to point out that there are not that many good headsets in the market. Usually the price is too high compared to the over all sound quality and build quality.

Out of the headphones you mentioned i think the Superlux HD668B and the Creative Aurvana Live are most likely the best, at least they are well liked by the community here. But i am not sure if they have good soundstage...

You did not mention any price range so how much would you be willing to spend and would you be willing to buy a amp / dac? 

Im kinda limited right now on what i can choose since here in Malaysia its really hard to get some of those high quality ones for a good price... Even the ath m50 cost $180-$200 here.. Im probably will not be buying an amp / dac anytime soon.. I guess i will hold off buying these for a while but definitely will consider buying an amp / dac in the future when i decided the get a more higher quality HP.. 

Try the Takstar HI 2050 or the headset version, QPad QH 85. They're DT 880 clones but good ones. Pretty neutral, very good for positional cues in shooters.

Takstar and Qpad is pretty much impossible/hard to get here but i will definitely take note of these when i decided to buy since im holding off right now as i'll be using my old headset until its really, really unusable. Thanks for the suggestions :)

Jul 19, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #5 of 6
There is also a Kingston HyperX Cloud headset, they should be the same headphone as the Takstar and the Qpad ones.
Check if you can find them.

How about ordering overseas? Are there some taxes of customs fees to worry about?

I can say that most 5$ mic's work perfectly fine with skype / gaming, no need to buy anything expensive.

You should check this http://www.head-fi.org/t/593365/the-soundstage-head-club
I think there you can find the best soundstage headphones and hopefully something in your price range maybe?
Of course not all headphones have found they'r way to that list.

Jul 20, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #6 of 6
  There is also a Kingston HyperX Cloud headset, they should be the same headphone as the Takstar and the Qpad ones.
Check if you can find them.

How about ordering overseas? Are there some taxes of customs fees to worry about?

I can say that most 5$ mic's work perfectly fine with skype / gaming, no need to buy anything expensive.

You should check this http://www.head-fi.org/t/593365/the-soundstage-head-club
I think there you can find the best soundstage headphones and hopefully something in your price range maybe?
Of course not all headphones have found they'r way to that list.

Yep taxes.. Would order one if it doesnt cost a leg for it well.. kinda.. Will check out the thread thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back