Looking for Headphones with Great Soundstaging/Sharp Transient Response
Dec 9, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #16 of 19
I, too, think the AD900s might be what you are looking for. I sold mine, though, because they weren't the right headphones for blues. The soundstage was amazing and they were terrific for other genres.

Mooch

Dec 9, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #17 of 19
Go with the AD 900s. Your description of what you want is a good description of their sound. I listen to them out of a Singlepower Extreme at home, but they are so easy to drive they sound damn good right out of an Ipod, and they get very loud, too, if you want that. High end is plenty clear and clean, cymbals sound crisp and natural.

Dec 9, 2009 at 9:43 AM Post #18 of 19
dt? ad? i just sold my dt 880's to laid back they are somewhere between the senns and the grados. i read your post, and if you have the money, even unamped you will find the grado rs1i to be the can that best matches your description, i have yet to hear any material it just does not shine in, and it has equally powerful highs , lows and ,mids, it is just the most balanced set of cans i have ever had on my head. and amped they are even better. these are cans that place in your ears what you feed them, instead of holding back or making you sleepy like the senns and beyers do.

Dec 10, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonichedgehog360 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really want treble sparkle, even if it's a bit out of place. I really want the rev of race cars to excite me... and even though my HD555s extend better than my Grados, they just don't do it good enough. (By the way, the Grado SR225i just mess such sounds up... very messy and incoherent from the overbright mids and unextended treble.) I...

I think you'll be unhappy with anything non Grado. You may want to try MS1s or HF2. The HF2's really fix the congestion problem of the SR225s while retaining the Grado magic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back