Looking for headphones to use for music listening and gaming.
Jun 4, 2015 at 5:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TheMiniShady

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for an inexpensive (less than $200) pair of headphones to replace my logitech UE4000s. I do care about sound quality, but I don't have the money or equipment for a pair of Hi-Fi headphones. The headphones have to have good sound quality for the price. I also need one with a microphone to make Skype calls, because I will use them for music listening and gaming. I have a pretty old DAC/Amp. It's an old E-MU 0202 USB box. The music I listen to is mostly rock music. Bluetooth is an option, as long as it won't cost too much sound quality loss. Anyways, any recommendations for a pair of headphones with good sound for music and gaming with a built-in microphone under $200?

Jun 5, 2015 at 1:02 AM Post #2 of 5
You could always add a mic. Do you really want to limit yourself to headphones that have mics?

And do you need open or closed headphones? Open will have better soundstage, but no isolation (leak sound in and out).

Jun 5, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #3 of 5
  I'm looking for an inexpensive (less than $200) pair of headphones to replace my logitech UE4000s. I do care about sound quality, but I don't have the money or equipment for a pair of Hi-Fi headphones. The headphones have to have good sound quality for the price. I also need one with a microphone to make Skype calls, because I will use them for music listening and gaming. I have a pretty old DAC/Amp. It's an old E-MU 0202 USB box. The music I listen to is mostly rock music. Bluetooth is an option, as long as it won't cost too much sound quality loss. Anyways, any recommendations for a pair of headphones with good sound for music and gaming with a built-in microphone under $200?

Gemini HSR-1000 headphones, new $44 or Sennheiser HD558 headphones (used $86 or new $115).
Sound Blaster Z PC sound card ($85-$105), retail version comes with a Mic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back