Looking for Headphones to pair with Feliks Audio Elise
Jun 8, 2017 at 4:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Tim Le

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I've got a Feliks Audio Elise coming in sometime next week, and I was wondering if you guys had some recommendations on good headphone pairings :)

When it comes to sound signature, I like bass that hits hard, mids that are forward, and highs slightly rolled off. So instead of a U shape, it'd be more like a downward hill sound signature with a hump in the middle.

Thanks all in advance for any recommendations!

Jun 8, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #2 of 12
Given that you're working with a tube amp, you might get u-shaped headphones, and the amp could change those characteristics accordingly. I've heard the TH900 works well with the Feliks products.

Jun 8, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #3 of 12
The Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Generation would get my vote with the Elise, I had that pairing at CanJam london last year and a lot of people really like it.

You can always get different tubes to change the sound slightly, and the treble is not harsh or bright like the original T1.

Jun 8, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #4 of 12
Hello everyone, I've got a Feliks Audio Elise coming in sometime next week, and I was wondering if you guys had some recommendations on good headphone pairings :)

When it comes to sound signature, I like bass that hits hard, mids that are forward, and highs slightly rolled off. So instead of a U shape, it'd be more like a downward hill sound signature with a hump in the middle.

Thanks all in advance for any recommendations!

Might be hard for you to demo them prior,but the ZMF Atticus fits your description perfectly.
Massive slam
beautiful forward mids
dark smooth treble....

Jun 8, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #7 of 12
Yes they are 300ohm headphones so they will do fine I'm sure. Never thought to try them from my Bottlehead Crack though as they have been at several meets along with Zach . I just love the Eikons out of my Kenzie though just have to wait for bonus time as those might be my next ones.

Jun 8, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #8 of 12
Take a look at the Audeze LCD-2. The mids are forward, bass slams hard, and the highs are slightly rolled off.

Jun 8, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #9 of 12
Take a look at the Audeze LCD-2. The mids are forward, bass slams hard, and the highs are slightly rolled off.

OTLs cant drive planars like the LCD-2,and the mids on them arent that great IMHO,had a pair,sold them to finance a pair of Atticus.

Jun 8, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #10 of 12
Not totally true as the Microzotl 2 is a OTL and it drives Planars just fine. For the most part yes but there are some that can.

Jun 9, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #12 of 12
Not totally true as the Microzotl 2 is a OTL and it drives Planars just fine. For the most part yes but there are some that can.

I will disagree with you too, I ran the Hifiman HE-500 off the Elise and it powered them very well (preferred it over my speaker amp).

Good to know...My last experience with an OTL was a Woo WA2 and it couldnt drive any planar I tossed at it....Seems like technology is catching up to demands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back