nevo2011

New Head-Fier
Last yaer I bought GR07 BASS, They are the best headphones I've heard so far,
After six months, they  damaged :frowning2:
now I'm looking for headphones that their sound quality like GR07 BASS 
My budget would be $ 150, 
Please help me find a good hadphones :)

Jun 11, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #2 of 7
man, you are talking about the king of sub $150..... I don't think there are any IEM with around $120 price tag can be better than GR07 series. Hifiman re-400 is around 70 dollars and it has similar sound signature as GR07 with missing lower end. If you are not that into the whole bassy music, give it a try.

Jun 11, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #4 of 7
well you know what, I owned both Gr07 classic (the slight weaker version of GR07 bass) and MA750I. TRUST ME!!! they have 0 similarity lolllllll
GR07 is clear, balanced, detailed and crisp. MA750I is full, adjusted towards lower end and to me, just wired sounding. Like I have w4r now, which is also considering a not so bright IEM. But the dramatic difference between w4r and MA750I is the amount of details I can hear. With w4r, I feel like I am sitting at the front row of a concert, you have everybody on the stage, they are bit far from you, but you hear everything and such sound is mild, so you can listen to music for a long time. MA750I is like you are listening to a concert with grass ticket or I don't know, like listening to it on the hallway. GR07 is a typical balanced IEM, so you are basically standing on the stage and in the middle of a band.

Hopefully this will give you a sense of what you are getting if you decided to buy MA750. I personally returned it after a week of listening. Tried very hard to like it but just couldn't 

Jun 12, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #5 of 7
So I understand from you that sound quality of GR07 is more better than MA750i, and I need to buy Gr07,
but that my point- I dont want to buy again Gr07 ,
because after 4-6 months I had them, their wires connection broken,
so what guys are you thinking , should I buy again gr07?

Jun 12, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #6 of 7
well you know what, I owned both Gr07 classic (the slight weaker version of GR07 bass) and MA750I. TRUST ME!!! they have 0 similarity lolllllll
GR07 is clear, balanced, detailed and crisp. MA750I is full, adjusted towards lower end and to me, just wired sounding. Like I have w4r now, which is also considering a not so bright IEM. But the dramatic difference between w4r and MA750I is the amount of details I can hear. With w4r, I feel like I am sitting at the front row of a concert, you have everybody on the stage, they are bit far from you, but you hear everything and such sound is mild, so you can listen to music for a long time. MA750I is like you are listening to a concert with grass ticket or I don't know, like listening to it on the hallway. GR07 is a typical balanced IEM, so you are basically standing on the stage and in the middle of a band.

Hopefully this will give you a sense of what you are getting if you decided to buy MA750. I personally returned it after a week of listening. Tried very hard to like it but just couldn't 

So I understand from you that sound quality of GR07 is more better than MA750i, and I need to buy Gr07,
but that my point- I dont want to buy again Gr07 ,
because after 4-6 months I had them, their wires connection broken,
so what guys are you thinking , should I buy again gr07?

Jun 12, 2015 at 3:40 AM Post #7 of 7
I heard you. There was a thread on Chinese forum about replacing gr07 yesterday too and after long discussion, lots if people think Philips s2 has similar sound signature and sound quality as gr07 but with more bass. Building quality is a lot better and its better looking in my opinion. Maybe give it a try?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back