Looking for headphones that make me shake the head
Dec 28, 2009 at 4:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

mazinguerbeta

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking for a headphones that make me shake the head listening music, I listen dance, electonic, rock and pop music, probably I should subdivide in two categories and choose a different headphones for each of them .Mi budget would be 1700 $ maximum, it is not important for me to realize modifications except balanced, now I have got a rs1. Thanks

Dec 29, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #4 of 15
The Edition 8 will certainly make you shake your head. HUGE thumping bass with nicely extended highs without sacrificing mids make it a great choice. The soundstage is not real wide. More in your face. Very fun headphone indeed. The S Logic is a bit different. You don't really notice anything different about the sound of them. Nothing gimmicky. But when you have them on for a while and you pause a song, you get the feeling that the sound is bigger than you notice. I'm not really sure I can put it into words. They are a blast to listen to though.

Dec 29, 2009 at 8:57 PM Post #5 of 15
It depends what kind of thing you want to get your headshaking; big bass or PRAT.
For me so far, Bass: DT770 pro
PRAT: Etymotic ER4P.

You could probably score significantly better then these with your budget though.

Dec 29, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #7 of 15
I would suspect the ED 9 being prattier then the ED 8. The ED 8 is more polite and soft with a slower groove compared to the made in Taiwan ED 9, the Pro 900. ED 8 is never aggressive at all for good or bad. Pro 900 can pretty much dislocate my head due to their amazing PRaT. 750 was an even worse offender. Both these make you feel alive! Could pretty much offer a money back warranty for never missing a beat.

I do preferr the ED 8 overall and it certainly has a better tone in the bass. There is no sign of resonances on the ED 8. Pro 900 have a bigger bass boost and it sometimes get to much for it´s plastic cups.

ED 8 is as mentioned the most closed sounding of these though. They still show S-logic magic but they defaults to a much narrower soundstage then the 900 for example. Result of the superior isolation they are indead closed and the small cavity. Still amazing what soundstage they can bring with such small size but the twice as large Pro 900 destroys it here totally. There is not a small difference!

Instrument separation is thus hurt but the balance, rich and amazing tone more then makes up for it! But if PRaT is your only goal go for the Pro 900 or get some more confirmation about the ED 9 in that area. From all I have heard it should have PRaT in good amounts
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 29, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #8 of 15
I'd go for an Ultrasone as well. I really dig these Edition 8's for their ability to make me shake my head.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 30, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by mazinguerbeta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am looking for a headphones that make me shake the head listening music, I listen dance, electonic, rock and pop music, probably I should subdivide in two categories and choose a different headphones for each of them .Mi budget would be 1700 $ maximum, it is not important for me to realize modifications except balanced, now I have got a rs1. Thanks

Just get the phone with the biggest clamping force so that it stays on your head when you are shaking it.

Dec 30, 2009 at 11:00 AM Post #10 of 15
Just get something really expensive, don't remove the pricetags and if you want to shake your head look at it.

+1 for the ultrasones, but it would help a lot if you specify you budget :>

Dec 30, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #12 of 15
Would that be "shaking your head" with disapproval?
tongue.gif

Dec 30, 2009 at 3:03 PM Post #13 of 15
You should be able to get ahold of a second hand Stax Omega II for $1700 or less.
Place them on your head, put on some of your favorite music and expect head shaking...
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 30, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #14 of 15
JVC, ED8, ED9, HD800 and JH13Pro(custom IEMs)......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back