Looking for headphones that beat "beats"
Dec 22, 2011 at 3:57 AM Post #31 of 42
I'd also consider the Fanny Wang headphones. Their entire purpose is to "beat" the Beats.

Dec 22, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #32 of 42

Quote:
I'd also consider the Fanny Wang headphones. Their entire purpose is to "beat" the Beats.

Fanny Wang kind of sucks when it comes to build quality, and its sound isn't much better. They are striking, though.

Dec 22, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #34 of 42
Anything over $100 except for bose and skullcandy.

Jan 10, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #35 of 42
I would recommend the Audio Technica ATH-M50's. They are very good closed headphones with good bass response, but yet have the refinement of a more audiophilic type headphone at a reasonable price around 120-150 USD$ new depending on where you get them. They look like studio reference headphones or basic DJ type headphones, so maybe not as sleek as the Beats, but I would argue much more musically sound.

Jan 22, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #36 of 42

Quote:
yes i have considered those my only problem is they are on ear however if they truly are comfortable that seems to be a good option. Does any one have anything to say about the crossfade lp2s

first off  - you want better than beats bass and everything I'm assuming right? You seem to be a consumer headphone user, who is not tone deaf..  so that being said when you look around for audiophile headphones, when someone says a lot of bass i doesn't mean a lot of bass all the time, it means that it sounds warm, and bass is the technical term for it, but not what you would consider bass. Basically, when we say bass make sure you know it has A LOT of impact, punch, and that the decay will work with you genres. 
anyways

probably your best bet, up there with the audio technica ws70, sony xb700, Denon  d1100s and the audio technica pro700mkii. Those three have about the same amount of bass as studios give or take a little, but the sound quality is way better. 
In order of looks the lp2>d1100>=ws70>xb700>pro700 mkii
bass quality/abundance pro700 > all else XD, but for the rest Imma guess their about the same, the lp2 has that skull ringing bass
overall sq is probably the d1100 =pro700 >=ws70 > lp2>xb700
soundstage for all of these is really good, imo the lp2 had a very nice natural soundstage

Im thinking of buying the lp2 for similar motives as you, except I guess the pwning beats would just be a little bonus when bragging xD. 

BTW I haven't heard the ws70 or pro700 or d1100, but its pretty evident from all my research that thats where they fit it in 

Jan 22, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #37 of 42

Quote:
Fanny Wang kind of sucks when it comes to build quality, and its sound isn't much better. They are striking, though.

dj2001 with bass booster is supposedly the beats killer with killer sound quality, like comparable to similar pro headphones in that range. 

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #39 of 42
Why the **** are you bringing all of these super old threads up from the grave?

Just stop!  There is enough of these beats threads being posted in the first place.  

rolleyes.gif

Feb 10, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #40 of 42

Quote:
Why the **** are you bringing all of these super old threads up from the grave?

Just stop!  There is enough of these beats threads being posted in the first place.  

rolleyes.gif

+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back