Looking for Headphones Similar to Mr Speakers Mad Dogs
Oct 7, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #16 of 18
I think I will go with the argon mk3’s because I want something more bassy. Which pads should I go with if I don’t want them to affect the sound any extra? Also, I didn’t see specs listed. Are they hard to drive?
I can second that the Argons do require power. I have a Schiit Magni 3 ( which is a fairly powerful little unit) and it is able to power them to a volume I am happy with....but they are my only headphone that can't be played uncomfortably loud. I don't want to play things ear splitting loud, but it's worth noting, sometimes while watching movies I have them at 100%

Oct 8, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #17 of 18
I can second that the Argons do require power. I have a Schiit Magni 3 ( which is a fairly powerful little unit) and it is able to power them to a volume I am happy with....but they are my only headphone that can't be played uncomfortably loud. I don't want to play things ear splitting loud, but it's worth noting, sometimes while watching movies I have them at 100%

That sounds like an issue with source volume, unless the Magni 3's power output at 50ohm is significantly understated.

Oct 8, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #18 of 18
That sounds like an issue with source volume, unless the Magni 3's power output at 50ohm is significantly understated.
Both my sources are decent...my other headphones are generally able to be driven to ear splitting levels, especially when the Magni is in the chain. (discovered by accident a couple of times) My Argons are based off of the earlier T20, with the round drivers, I think that accounts for part of it. For example, the Dekoni Blue are about 15% louder by my estimate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back