Looking for headphones recommendation (for GYM).
Mar 17, 2018 at 6:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

tolnadav

New Head-Fier
Hello,
I am looking for wireless in ear headphones for sport (GYM) that will the best for hip-hop/rap.

no more than 200£
and no noise cancelling.

Thanks.

edit:
I all so thought about buying apple watch for this.
but for using apple watch I will need to buy iphone.
Will it sound better throw apple that android?

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #2 of 10
First of all if you are using wireless, the only difference for android and apple is the Bluetooth version. Get an android phone with Qualcomm AptX Bluetooth will give you a more stable connection (provided your headphone support AptX). Phone will not do the decoding, it just solely transmit the files in digital format and eventually the wireless headphone will do the decoding to analogue (sound that human listen to).

Some recommendations:
1. True Wireless - Soul ST-XS
I think Soul ST-XS is a relatively good true wireless earbud with its low price. The auto-connect is good. With your phone's Bluetooth turned on, the earbud will be connected once it is took out from the charging case. 3 hours playtime and the charging case holds 3 full charges. It does not come with comprehensive function like what Jabra Elite Sport did but the sound quality is satisfying. The size is small so it will be easier to fit into your ear as compared to other true wireless earbuds.

2. Wireless (With a cable behind your neck) - Soul Run Free Pro HD or Creative Outlier Sport
You might think I am staff from Soul but unfortunately I am not. SOUL did a very good job in doing wireless in-ear headphone for sports. Run Free Pro HD is the successor of Run Free Pro. With Balanced Armature driver, Run Free Pro HD can give you very good details and not compromising bass (one of the best sounding wireless in ear headphone I tried before). The battery life is extremely long (12 hours) and the colour is fancy (Chrome Black and Blue).

For Creative Outlier Sport, it is attractive because of the relatively low price (below 100 USD). The sound is slightly above average and the battery life is 11 hours (amazing with the relatively low price). Most importantly is the fitting! It fits well and there is an ear wing to hook it in your ear!

Mar 20, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #4 of 10
2nd vote for Creative Outlier Sport. I had them and they worked flawlessly. They have great sound, great battery life and great connection. I left my pair at the gym and someone stole them. I went and bought the Creative Outlier One but it's clearly a cheaper unit. Sound is just average and has a much weaker connection.

Mar 20, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #5 of 10
Absolutely plantronics backbeat fit, from experience. Feather light weight + water proof (still plays even after washing machine) and great sound quality + never falls off your head while jogging / sprinting.

Mar 20, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #6 of 10
Thank you for your reply,
I think I will go for Creative Outlier Sport.

Whats are the technical details that you are looking when finding earphone good for rap?
I will say the clarity is important. Sports headphone tends to have very strong bass that bleeds to the midst and highs. The few models that I mentioned have a well controlled bass.

Mar 20, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #8 of 10
is it something I can see in the tech describe? or just by listen them?

For the sound signature definitely listening will be the best while the hardware specifications (battery life, Bluetooth version etc) wise you can search on their website.

Mar 20, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #9 of 10
Absolutely plantronics backbeat fit, from experience. Feather light weight + water proof (still plays even after washing machine) and great sound quality + never falls off your head while jogging / sprinting.
I tried Backbeat Fit and I think it is good except for the isolation. Backbeat Fit 305 solves the issue :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back