Looking for headphones, please support me :)
Nov 2, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ding. In fact they are everything he doesn't want in headphones. I can't think of anything more wrong with that recommendation.

Looks like OP is going to be headed for something like the DT770s, Q40s, or HFI 780s. Only thing I can add to that is that he would probably like the DT770s over the Q40s because of comfort. That said you can always put the DT770 pads on the Q40s....

Also tried the M-Audio Q40's and they are incredibly bassy as well. The tight fit put me off, but the sound is just a tad less detailed than the DT770's at least to my ears.

Nov 2, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #17 of 28
I bent the headband on my Q40s to relieve some of the cramp, but the pads are still just a bit shallow to match the comfort of the DT770s. I never spent enough time with the DT770s to make any comparisons on SQ though.

God those Q40s had bass.

Nov 2, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

God those Q40s had bass.

I KNOW.
L3000.gif

Nov 2, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #20 of 28
and not in mind Sennheiser HD 595 or 448?

BTW: i'll search about all the headphones you mentioned before this post, some of them look nice! ^^, but i'd want to know your opinion about what i said now :p

EDIT: I've tested the D1001 and i don't like them so much. They seem to have "overbass", i mean i cannot listen to other kind of music in good quality, they seem not to have good highs-mids.

Nov 2, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #21 of 28
If you don't like the D1001 then I doubt you will like the Q40s. They seemed to lack some mids and definitely had overbass. That's why I sold mine.
beerchug.gif

The HD595s, IIRC, would really need an amp to shine. The HD448s don't get mentioned much around here, and although there are exceptions that usually means there not to good.
wink.gif

Nov 3, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

If you don't like the D1001 then I doubt you will like the Q40s. They seemed to lack some mids and definitely had overbass. That's why I sold mine.
beerchug.gif

The HD595s, IIRC, would really need an amp to shine. The HD448s don't get mentioned much around here, and although there are exceptions that usually means there not to good.
wink.gif

"The HD595s, IIRC, would really need an amp to shine."

whats IIRC ? and which amp? maybe i can afford 1, is there any good amp for them, that is SMALL? i'd like to go to university with them to stay at nights working.. ^^

Nov 3, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #23 of 28
You can go to the portable amps section of the forum, seriously, the sizes are just thicker than an iPod Classic. If you want super portable puny ones, the RSA Shadow or the Pico Slim will do the trick.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 3, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by UnD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"The HD595s, IIRC, would really need an amp to shine."

whats IIRC ? and which amp? maybe i can afford 1, is there any good amp for them, that is SMALL? i'd like to go to university with them to stay at nights working.. ^^

AMB Labs Mini^3 High Performance.

You can usually find them used on the forum fairly cheap.
wink.gif

Nov 3, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #25 of 28
so then you recommend me getting Senn HD 595 with an amp? is that your "last word?" :p!!!

BTW what's the difference between any amps? i mean, for example, what differs "AMB Labs Mini^3 High Performance." from "RSA Shadow" or "the Pico Slim" ?? which should i choose? does this depend on something?

plz remember i cannot afford much more than 200€ on headphones + amp, and since HD 595 cost aproximately 170€... 30€left :p

Nov 3, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by UnD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so then you recommend me getting Senn HD 595 with an amp? is that your "last word?" :p!!!

My last word doesn't matter. I'm not you so I can't make the definitive decision of what you will like most.

Quote:

BTW what's the difference between any amps? i mean, for example, what differs "AMB Labs Mini^3 High Performance." from "RSA Shadow" or "the Pico Slim" ?? which should i choose? does this depend on something?

Battery life, size, circuit design, warranty, pre-built vs. DIY/3rd party build, ability to drive certain loads without distortion, etc.

The Mini^3 should drive them without trouble . . . the HD595 is a generous load compared to something like the HD600.

Of course you'll find others that will describe the differences between them subjectively left and right. I believe power is power and must obey physics . . . that's me though.

Quote:

plz remember i cannot afford much more than 200€ on headphones + amp, and since HD 595 cost aproximately 170€... 30€left :p

If you can't afford it then save most definitely. If you can't drive the headphones right they will clip the amp/source which will cause distortion making them less than ideal sounding.

Nov 3, 2009 at 1:35 PM Post #27 of 28
so as a conclusion it seems that there's now way to get "good headphones" or "good headphones +amp" for less than 200€
frown.gif
... i dont know what to do, since i wont be able to spend more than this for so long hehe

Nov 3, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #28 of 28
Ohh!! sry first of all for double posting, BUT i must say sthing i said wrong before

I HAVENT tested DT1001 !!! I watched another time the model of my father's headphones, and they are DT501 !! so maybe i can see about this.

BTW: im searching for sthing similar to what you almost all are saying BUT i'd like to say sthing about the design. I'd like to buy "BIG" headphones, i mean, i wanna have a kind of headphones that seem robust, and that they cannot be able to contract or so, i wanna a solid design, that covers ALL my ear, and not partial or just are "so close" to hit them

Could any1 tell me which one of those 3 are the best?
¡Sennheiser Worldwide: micrófonos, audÃ*fonos y Sistemas para información

Those are
Sennheiser HD 595
Sennheiser HD 448
Sennheiser HD 438

I've read some forums and so, and even in the website, on the HD 438 they say that they got a kind of magnets for an excellent bass-experience, so maybe they are which i'm searching for?

Those 3 are solid, nice appearance, just the size i'm searching, now it's time for specs ^^ and as long as i dont know this thingies, i'd like to be supported for last time hehe

I know 1 of those 3 is dynamic open, whereas the other two are dynamic closed, so, just compare the other specs and tell me hehe

32 Ohm or 50 Ohm? What's "better", knowing i'm gonna use them for iPod ?
On the two 32Ohm, it says on the description: Optimized for iPod-mp3

Etc. Plz gimme a good comparison hehe, i wont disturb anymore
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back