Looking for headphones more comfortable and bassy than the V-Moda XS
Oct 22, 2014 at 9:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Rezound Sound

100+ Head-Fier
I'm currently thinking about the Beats Solo 2's since they got really good reviews, but I'm not entirely sure. I listen to pretty much all genres of music. I'm basically just looking for portable headphones with more comfort and bass (and equivalent or better sound quality) than the XS.

Oct 22, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #2 of 3
  I'm currently thinking about the Beats Solo 2's since they got really good reviews, but I'm not entirely sure. I listen to pretty much all genres of music. I'm basically just looking for portable headphones with more comfort and bass (and equivalent or better sound quality) than the XS.

you can consider the V-Moda M100 w/ the XL earpads, since you are familiar with V-Moda brand. Considered to be one of the best over-ear portable $300ish basshead headphones... meaning good sound quality & clarity along with emphasized good quality bass. The M100s bass has good extension, detail, and texture. The bass notes are 'tight' with minimal distortion/bleeding into other parts of the frequency response for its 5-10ish db bass boost. Obviously, there is still a bit of mid-range recession due to its v-shaped sound signature, but it is a very well-done v-shaped signature & if you are looking for a strong quality bass response, not just the loudest bass possible, I think you will be very happy with these.

edit: another quality portable bass-head options would be the ultrasone pro 900.

Oct 22, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #3 of 3

you can consider the V-Moda M100 w/ the XL earpads, since you are familiar with V-Moda brand. Considered to be one of the best over-ear portable $300ish basshead headphones... meaning good sound quality & clarity along with emphasized good quality bass. The M100s bass has good extension, detail, and texture. The bass notes are 'tight' with minimal distortion/bleeding into other parts of the frequency response for its 5-10ish db bass boost. Obviously, there is still a bit of mid-range recession due to its v-shaped sound signature, but it is a very well-done v-shaped signature & if you are looking for a strong quality bass response, not just the loudest bass possible, I think you will be very happy with these.

edit: another quality portable bass-head options would be the ultrasone pro 900.

Thank you for the response. I am looking for supra aural headphones though. Which is why I was looking at the Solo 2's. I have a pair of circum aural headphones that I use in my dorm room. I have demo'd the Momentums, though, but I don't prefer those or the momentum on ear's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back