Looking for headphones like this
Dec 11, 2005 at 3:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TAF94

100+ Head-Fier
Which highest quality sounding headphones/earbuds(No IEM's) do you recommend that have these requirements:

1) 1/8 mini plug
2) short cord (under 10 feet)
3) thin cord (as oppossed to Grado SR-60's thick, cumbersome cord) but will compromise.
4) $150 price ceiling

I want good sound without all the inconviences as these will be used with my pcdp at home. May or may not use an amp.
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2005 at 4:00 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by TAF94
Which highest quality sounding headphones/earbuds(No IEM's) do you recommend that have these requirements:

1) 1/8 mini plug
2) short cord (under 10 feet)
3) thin cord (as oppossed to Grado SR-60's thick, cumbersome cord) but will compromise.
4) $150 price ceiling

I want good sound without all the inconviences as these will be used with my pcdp at home. May or may not use an amp.
biggrin.gif

You should look into the AT line of earclips, they are around that price, and they do sound good, the Sovereign had catch my eye since then and IIRC is $150.00

Dec 11, 2005 at 6:19 PM Post #3 of 6
Most of the Senns are ruled out because they have a long cord, and the Grados have a thick cord. You said you don't want IEMs, and most earbuds sound horrible. This leaves only a few options:

Koss KSC-75 or KSC-35, has the exact kind of cable you're looking for, and sounds awesome - as good as many headphones in the $100 range. Just do a search to see all the great reviews it gets. Save the rest of your money and spend it on music. $135 can buy a lot of CDs.

If you don't like the earclip style, you can get the Sennheiser PX 100 or Koss Porta Pro - both very lightweight and portable with short and thin cords. Since these go over your head, they may have a fuller sound and a more secure fit. Both fold up very tidily - the PX 100 comes with its own little hard carrying case.

Finally, if you want earbuds, get the Sony e888 SP, the version with short cord & extension cable. About as good as earbuds can sound, imho.

I would personally buy the PX 100 or KSC 75/35. None of these need an amp, and they're awesome for just chilling at home when you don't want any hassle with cables or comfort.

Dec 11, 2005 at 8:12 PM Post #6 of 6
ksc75 all the way, although all of the AT´s looks a lot better. If you want style I recommend the B&O a8, they don´t sound as good as their price tag, but they are the most comfy cans out there, and they are the best looking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back