Looking for Headphones just as good or better than Beats Studios....
Mar 29, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #47 of 55

Quote:
ohhhh i rather have the straight cord then.
i was wondering if there is a headphone as good as the  Audio Technica ATH-M50
but with a removable cord?

Kinda-sorta. But I guarantee, if you really want them to have a removable cable, you could probably pay someone on the FS/Trade forums to modify them to have a removable cable.

Mar 29, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #48 of 55
The HD558 and the 598 both have removable cables, but again, they're open.

Apr 10, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #49 of 55

Quote:
I can see you're a bass head from your comments, so why not try the Audio-Technica ATH-M50? It's leagues above the Beats, for one, and it's only $150.

your were right i am a bass head lol the beats have the bass part right. i just got my audio technica and i have to say that they are way better than the beats studios, i just have to turn it up a little higher to get the bass part right. acoustics and vocals from songs give me goose bumps cus they sound so good lol. Thanks ImperialX for recommending these amazing headphones ill never regret buying these....

Apr 10, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #50 of 55
Aww was gonna suggest XB700 to him, although I glad you picked up on the great acoustics and Vocals :3, the XB700 doesn't to very well with Vocals unless you Mod it [simple mod really]

Still glad your enjoying your new and improved cans :3

Apr 11, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #51 of 55

Quote:
your were right i am a bass head lol the beats have the bass part right. i just got my audio technica and i have to say that they are way better than the beats studios, i just have to turn it up a little higher to get the bass part right. acoustics and vocals from songs give me goose bumps cus they sound so good lol. Thanks ImperialX for recommending these amazing headphones ill never regret buying these....

I'm glad I helped. Beats are like $50 headphones when you compare them to the real good cans. I'm glad that another person has realized this. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 9, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #52 of 55
]Beats by dre are so expensive not because they are studio quality professional headphones...they are run of the mill headphones with a built in fifo headphone amp [which is why it needs batteries. you can buy the amp seperate for around $20 dollars, the actual headphone are only worth maybe $100. Besides how many people do you know that had Monster brand headphones before they came out with Beats by Dre? Exactly, no one. You are paying $320 dollars for the name printed on the headband and the rest is just thier 45 - 60 % markup on plain ol ****ty headphones you could have bought 3 years ago for maybe $100- $150 for.
Idiot consumers that wanna be DJs / Producers are the ones blowing the money on this *****. Real producers / DJs know and trust the brand names yhey buy thier equip from. Just read some reviews by some music proffesional that aren't being paid by Monster to promote and advocate this mickey mouse made in china poor ass product. You thing they sound good because youve always listebd to ****ty headphones. If you could had any understanding of sound and afford real headphones, you would be spending alittle more on cans that would blow Beats out of your little praises...but alas, they and you would not be as fashionable or cool to your materialistic cliche fashion obsessed loser friends listeng to thie dubstep on beats by dre..."OOOOO check out that massive drop bro."
Sounds awesome in my beats by dre." [ if only they could hear that drop in real professional headphones that have no need for "bass boost" or fifo headphone amps.]

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #53 of 55
here is another pair of headphone that sound awesome and abour 99.00 they might not look cool but the sound is clear and has nice bottom end.  the Koss PRO4AA

checkl them out and see what you think

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #55 of 55
Also, if you're looking for good headphones with a removable cable, then the KRK KNS 8400 (with a decent amp) is worth looking at. These are also incredibly comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back