Looking for Headphones just as good or better than Beats Studios....
Mar 26, 2012 at 6:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

devilxlord

New Head-Fier
First of all i want to say that Beats Studios are the best headphones i have TRIED so far. i havent tried any other headphones other than the Beats Pro. I am fully aware of the scam of these over priced headphones. What im looking for is Headphones just as good at the Beats Studios, and please dont tell me bull sh!t like "ohhh the beats are garbage and there are millions of headphones better than those pieces of crap". dont tell me tall that because they are good headphones but it is over priced. The Beats have a unique sound i like probably because of its built in amp(which does require AAA battery which i dont mind buying) and it makes every thing sound amazing. The headphone i want is one that sounds AMAZING and just as  good bass treble as the Beats Studios. My price ranges is under $210. please provide me links of where i can buy it (amazon, preferably) and videos of reviews if possible. Thanks!

Mar 26, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #2 of 55

Quote:
First of all i want to say that Beats Studios are the best headphones i have TRIED so far. 

You're on the wrong forums. Not flaming you, just telling you the truth.

Quote:
The Beats have a unique sound i like probably because of its built in amp(which does require AAA battery which i dont mind buying) and it makes every thing sound amazing. 

I hate to break it to you, but amps don't change the quality of the music. The one in the Beats is like a Fiio E3 built in which just serve as a bass booster. You can pretty much get a E3 with any headset and it'll have the same effect as the Beats.

Quote:
please dont tell me bull sh!t like "ohhh the beats are garbage and there are millions of headphones better than those pieces of crap"

But it's the truth. I own the Beats. I only have them because they look good. If you want us to recommend something, you have to accept that there are so many better sounding headphones out there. I can see you're a bass head from your comments, so why not try the Audio-Technica ATH-M50? It's leagues above the Beats, for one, and it's only $150. 

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B000ULAP4U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1332808313&sr=8-2

Seriously, you haven't seen anything yet if you think the Beats are actually good.

Mar 26, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #3 of 55
opps i couldnt find the forum for it so i went to general discussion. thanks for the recommendation, im not much of a bass head i just like it(bass) where its needed. im using the headphones for casual listening so yeah... and also i was wondering if the headband part of it is comfortable? because i have some sony ones and the headband is almost rock hard ><

also would you recommend this for an amp? http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-Booster-Control/dp/B004BOA6SM/ref=sr_1_15?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1331613776&sr=1-15

Mar 26, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #4 of 55
Do you absolutely need the headphones to be closed? If you're using it at home I recommend getting the Sennheiser HD 558. It's really really really good, just doesn't isolate any noise. http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-558-Headphones/dp/B004FEEY9A/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1332813218&sr=1-1

I don't really think you need it. Those portable mini-amps don't do much.

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #6 of 55
The HD558 has interchangeable cables and ear muffs so no problem, but like I said, these are open. They don't isolate any noise but in exchange they have a better soundstage and the quality of the sound is better. If you want isolation go with the ATH-M50.

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #8 of 55
Yup, they're fine. The 558 will sound better with hip hop though...but in the end, if you need isolation, you should get the audio technicas.

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #10 of 55
They're pretty comfortable, and remember if you buy from Amazon if you don't like it you have 15 days to return it at no cost. Just get them and have a listen.

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #11 of 55
You could maybe wait for the V-MODA M100 coming out soon their bound to be better than beats

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #12 of 55

Quote:
You could maybe wait for the V-MODA M100 coming out soon their bound to be better than beats

Might be a bit out of his price range, but yeah, excellent sound. 

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #14 of 55
They'll be around $250-$300 so I think that's a bit out of your range.

Mar 27, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #15 of 55
I see amazon has the sennheiser hd 555's listed for about 180, all in all comparable to the 558s (which are basically just a new version of the 555s) and if you feel adventurous you can open up the headphones and snip a bit of the foam that sennheiser stuck behind the driver and essentially turn them into hd 595s.  They use the same driver sennheiser just "nerfed" it by adding more blockage to the openings of the headphones.  If you do this, be sure to follow a guide to the point

And I don't want to sound like a jerk, but Beats are really sub par for their price point, I listened to a pair once and the only word I could think of to describe them was MUDDY.  The entire series has what I would call an obese sound, clumsy, plodding and not very clear (I hate describing sound quality, can never think of good words for it).  I would definitely invest in a brand reputed for sound quality instead of just having celebrity endorsements which really don't mean very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back