Looking for headphones for immersive gaming and good isolation.
Dec 22, 2015 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

inspiredtolive

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm looking for a headphone that would be good for immersive gaming, so perhaps something with a good soundstage and isolation? Comfort would be a plus too since I will be using them for long periods. Any suggestions under $300?

Dec 22, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #3 of 7
I have dt770 pro 250. Isolation is good, comfort is very good, but I would not call sound stage and directionality great. They are also bassy so foot steps you may hear with other headphones get covered up.

Dec 24, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #4 of 7
DT 770 comes to mind..

Thanks, I'll check them out.

I have dt770 pro 250. Isolation is good, comfort is very good, but I would not call sound stage and directionality great. They are also bassy so foot steps you may hear with other headphones get covered up.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Do you have any other suggestions?

Dec 24, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #6 of 7
While the two are not mutually exclusive, open headphones as a generalisation foo lend themselves by their nature to creating a larger sound stage. If your concern is for competitive gaming say fps and perhaps are willing to sacrifice immersion for pure directionality i would look into monitoring headphones. I had some sony ones that were not really go for music pleasure or movies but great for q3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back