looking for headphones for £200
Oct 19, 2014 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hamoor

Head-Fier
Hello everyone. My friend is looking for a headphones, and me being the good friend that I am, I told him I will look up for him the best headphones for 200 British pounds. 

What's my friend looking for in the headphone is the following:

-excellent sound quality (duh!) And high volume, he loves to set it up to 11 (although I warned him many times that it's not good for his ears XD) buut he still like it very loud
-he doesn't care about the size that much (he tried my ath 50 and he liked the size of them)
- good noise cancellation (is there noise cancellation without requiring batteries?)
- he mostly will use it on his iPhones so no headphones that require an amp to get it going
- he listen to R&B songs mostly, sometime classicals

Oct 20, 2014 at 3:45 AM Post #2 of 4
Oct 20, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #3 of 4
Sony MDR-1R would be a nice choice. Good bass for R&B, a bit smoother, darker sound. Very comfortable and he even saves some money. They don't need an amp, as they are portable. They are however not actively noise canceling, but honestly, if he likes to pump the volume that high, I don't see why he would need noise canceling headphones. BTW, it's not only the danger of hearing loss with the loud music, but also the danger of getting tinnitus, which is much more annoying.

The PSB M4U also comes highly recomended. The only problem is, that they are over your friend's budget.

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #4 of 4
If your friend likes it loud, then either (a) he should find a headphone with high sensitivity so that it doesn't need a lot of power to make them loud or (b) considering getting a headphone amp as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back