looking for headphones +/- $300 and a soundcard
Dec 10, 2014 at 11:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jackstack10

Head-Fier
I made a thread about this before, but i wasnt very specific. Im looking for closed over ear headphones. They will be used for gaming and music primarily. Im currently using a Logitech G930 and feel like a new set with an antlion modmic would be a huge upgrade. I listen to a lot of rap, alternative, and electronic music. I am also looking for a sound card but will spend on it later. The budget for the headphones is around $300. Thanks

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #2 of 2
I'm not expert or master audiophile, but my Vmoda m100's sound nice with my ASUS dx soundcard. An upscale motherboard pretty much makes soundcards useless though from what I've read. If you have a nice motherboard, I'd suggest using that before jumping on a soundcard. 

More into my Vmoda's; the XL pads are a must if you have normal ears or large ears like me. The headphones aren't the most comfortable for gaming, but the mic that they sell is excellent and the headphones are great sounding considering their sort of DJ look. I'd recommend looking at other options though, I just figured you might want to look into the Vmodas as a possible option.

I've been thinking about getting a pair of M50x's because you pretty much can't go wrong with those. They're cheapish compared to other audiophile headphones and could serve as a starter pair of cans before you've developed a sense of what kind of sound you want from headphones. Maybe later you can upgrade to something better and get a mod mic or the mic from vmoda if it fits in your headphones. By the way, this mic really is great. The reproduction of my voice is much better than I expected and pretty much turns any pair of headphones into a "headset."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back