Looking for headphone with good vocals like martin logan mikros 90
May 15, 2014 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

BestEarCN

100+ Head-Fier
Looking for headphone with good vocals like martin logan mikros 90. The vocals on them are well-separated from the music and stand out, not harsh, but the comfort was big issue. V-MODA XS has similar vocals as I recall, a tiny more laid-back than the 90, but it would still satisfy me, but it can't swivel, which is a downside for me. 
Looking for closed back, or iem.
THANKS

May 15, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #4 of 10
I also prefer portable haha, k550 is base-lite to me

Really? I have not heard the Mikros, but it is my understand they don't have bass emphasis, that they have strong mids and good treble presence to go with it.

Anyway, K545: http://www.head-fi.org/t/688329/akg-k545-review-k550-s-little-brother-isn-t-so-little :)

May 15, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #5 of 10
Really? I have not heard the Mikros, but it is my understand they don't have bass emphasis, that they have strong mids and good treble presence to go with it.

Anyway, K545: http://www.head-fi.org/t/688329/akg-k545-review-k550-s-little-brother-isn-t-so-little
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, Mikros was bass-lite too, but the vocal presentation sounds wonderful.

K545 sounded thin last time I listen, probably because of my thick glasses, gonna have to try it again soon.

May 16, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #8 of 10
The arms or I guess they are called the "temples" of my classes are fairly thin in profile and go almost straight back under the very top of my ear with a very shallow curve and contour very closely to my head. They don't hook behind the ear at all, and they seem to impact the seal a little less than on other glasses I have had. Also, definitely more comfortable with on ear headphones because only very little of my ear has the frame tucked underneath it--only the very top tip of the ear.

I wonder it the optometrist would think it weird to bring headphones in for testing glasses frames for headphone suitability before purchasing? :dt880smile:

May 16, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #9 of 10
The arms or I guess they are called the "temples" of my classes are fairly thin in profile and go almost straight back under the very top of my ear with a very shallow curve and contour very closely to my head. They don't hook behind the ear at all, and they seem to impact the seal a little less than on other glasses I have had. Also, definitely more comfortable with on ear headphones because only very little of my ear has the frame tucked underneath it--only the very top tip of the ear.

I wonder it the optometrist would think it weird to bring headphones in for testing glasses frames for headphone suitability before purchasing?
dt880smile.png

ah i thought u mean thin arm glasses help headphones comparing to not wearing glasses XD

Jun 1, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #10 of 10
Yeah, Mikros was bass-lite too, but the vocal presentation sounds wonderful.

K545 sounded thin last time I listen, probably because of my thick glasses, gonna have to try it again soon.

I am running the Mikros 90 at home and so use one of my headphone amps to run them. They now have about 100 hours on them and I would certainly not consider them bass-lite. Running a good source they are very full range and have good bass detail, extension and impact if that is what is on the recording. They certainly are not bass heavy or add any artificial bass boost. I have not tried them directly plugged into a portable player and that could be totally different but played as described above I find them surprisingly good across the full spectrum with a natural and detailed sound.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back